Valvoline or Castrol Synthetic-Which one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m leasing a 2018 Subaru Forester NA Touring and it requires 0W20 synthetic oil.I’m letting the dealer do the first oil change at 6K with the factory fill.I plan on doing my own oil/filter changes with factory Subaru filter also at every 6K.Between Valvoline Advanced Synthetic and Castrol Edge which oil would you pick and why?Thanks

If they both meet the same specs then they will be very similar in performance. Also, valvoline has said that you can use their synthetic with maxlife oils even in brand new cars. They have hinted that their synthetic with maxlife is superior to their regular synthetic. That's another option.

Don’t limit yourself to those 2. Follow the sale sub forum on here and buy whichever one if cheapest. There are many great brands of oil.

^^^^^^^

Saul's answer is really a good one. There are a lot of very good oils to run. I like both Valvoline and Castrol. It is my opinion but Castrol gold bottle is a very, very good oil

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
I would pick the cheapest one on sale.

This

Flip a coin. Personally I'd pick up Pennzoil Platinum with the rebate and Mobil 1 with their rebate and go from there.

Exactly as others have said, don't limit yourself to those two oils. There is a sea of excellent 0W20 oil available. Even Walmart's Super Tech full synthetic is now available in 0W20 for under $18.00 for a 5 at jug. Of course buy by price and incorporate rebates on the big name brands when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back