Redline MT-85 (44,802 miles) Genesis Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIwshc4.jpg

Probably 90% highway at or above 70mph, frequently cruise on toll roads at ~100mph for extended distances in Texas heat.Always sees a WOT pull to the redline daily when it is warmed up. Previous fill was the same Redline MT-85 oil at 34,500 miles on the sample. Did not have a magnetic plug installed for the sampled analysis but now I do. Will probably run 40,000 miles maximum on the next sample. Is it common for aluminum to leach from the transmission housing? Transmission still shifts the same, there wasn't any difference that I could tell when the new fluid went in either. I've used Redline for the past 110k+ miles in my Genesis.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Fe trending higher, and that's possibly avoidable.
Application may require upgrade to 90 or beyond.
Any indications of operating temperature ?

Last edited:
Nope. I don't think there is even a single sensor in that transmission...maybe a speed sensor but that's it. I've asked if it is normal for the aluminum to leach, waiting for a response.

300 to 1000pmm deltas on Calcium, Phos, and Zinc seem excessive.

If this is the same fluid used throughout and no additives have been dumped in it, then have them retest.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
300 to 1000pmm deltas on Calcium, Phos, and Zinc seem excessive.

If this is the same fluid used throughout and no additives have been dumped in it, then have them retest.

Two different batches of oil were sampled, but both were nothing but Redline MT-85 each time.

Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17

Two different batches of oil were sampled, but both were nothing but Redline MT-85 each time.

OK, here on BITOG "batches" means something different.

In the oil industry a "batch" refers to a specific production run of say 50,000 gallons of lubricant of a specific mix on a specific date and time, and is stamped on the bottle for tracking and QC.

Now, were these analyses shown from the same set of bottles of MTF?

Last edited:
The most recent test shows most additives about 1.3x higher concentrations the previous sample, so perhaps the previous run had hold-over dilution from the oil that was in use before that.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17

OK, here on BITOG "batches" means something different.

In the oil industry a "batch" refers to a specific production run of say 50,000 gallons of lubricant of a specific mix on a specific date and time, and is stamped on the bottle for tracking and QC.

Now, were these analyses shown from the same set of bottles of MTF?

The first oil sampled was produced by Redline sometime in late 2013 or 2014, I cannot remember, but I drained it and sent it off in 2016. The second oil sampled (the most recent) was produced by Redline in 2016 and sent off for an analysis a few weeks ago. Hence why I said different batches. Both samples were Redline MT-85. They may have tweaked the formula over the span of a few years.

Originally Posted By: jaj
The most recent test shows most additives about 1.3x higher concentrations the previous sample, so perhaps the previous run had hold-over dilution from the oil that was in use before that.

The fill before that was 2qts of Redline MT-85 and 0.3qts Redline Lightweight Shockproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back