Stanley Cup picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to take this moment before the thread gets too deep to satisfy the time honored BITOG posting tradition of posting in a thread comments that are contrary to the topic @ hand or expressing disbelieve or surprise.

Topics about beer get littered with people who indicate they don't drink (admirable)
Topics about Sears sales have people posting they can't believe they are still in business; demonstratively they are.
Topics about reliable cars move from Toyota and Honda appliances to VW "dynamics" albeit not reliable.

Apologies to the OP, but we are talking tradition here; Here goes

"Hockey? They are still playing that this time of year."

Thank you for your consideration.

-Thomas

Last edited:
The only time I was in an NHL arena was to see Disney On Ice.
I would like to see the Columbus Blue Jackets win the cup, but they won't.
But never say never, they won 16 in a row last year.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Anybody but the Penguins!

Hey, simple_gifts. Are you too young to remember the Hartford Whalers? Could have been your home team.

Penguins made hamburger out of Filthadelthia by beating them senseless 7-0. "Sid the Kid" had hat trick in a 7-0 runaway win!

Jets over Predators in conference finals
smile.gif

Predators are a joke as couldn't beat Penguins last season

All I will say is this... The NHL playoffs can have huge upsets... Surprising runs made by teams no one thought had a chance to and yet that team wins the Stanley cup aka LA Kings several years ago as a #8 seed won it. These are the most unpredictable playoffs in all of major sports. If a goalie gets hot.... Like Dominic Hasek did for Buffalo years ago... That team made it to the finals. They lost. But it was very impressive. These playoffs may well have more crazy upsets. Don't be surprised if that happens.

Bbhero: good to see ya here. Ill stick with Penguins taking the "three peat"

People going gaga over Predators and Gold Knights need to wake up

Originally Posted By: car51
Bbhero: good to see ya here. Ill stick with Penguins taking the "three peat"

People going gaga over Predators and Gold Knights need to wake up

Preds will choke no doubt- but the Knights have a pretty solid team-including one of the best goalies in the NHL...

Originally Posted By: bbhero
All I will say is this... The NHL playoffs can have huge upsets... Surprising runs made by teams no one thought had a chance to and yet that team wins the Stanley cup aka LA Kings several years ago as a #8 seed won it. These are the most unpredictable playoffs in all of major sports. If a goalie gets hot.... Like Dominic Hasek did for Buffalo years ago... That team made it to the finals. They lost. But it was very impressive. These playoffs may well have more crazy upsets. Don't be surprised if that happens.

That Kings run as the #8 seed did not get NEAR enough attention in the sports media world. They weren't even challenged in any series that year... it was amazing.

BTW, speaking of the Kings, it looks like Dustin Brown, who had all been written off last year (and I heard the Kings desperately wanted to dump him after demoting him from captain), had a very nice bounce-back season stat-wise with 61 points. He was third line last year (not sure what he was this year).

Last edited:
3 Cheers for the Stanley Cup Playoffs......no prediction offered (just don't know)

TO EVERYONE NEW (or UNEXPOSED) TO HOCKEY: Find a minor league hockey team nearest you and go!

The AHL (American Hockey League) and many regional leagues offer great value for a night out.

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Anybody but the Penguins!

Hey, simple_gifts. Are you too young to remember the Hartford Whalers? Could have been your home team.

Penguins made hamburger out of Filthadelthia by beating them senseless 7-0. "Sid the Kid" had hat trick in a 7-0 runaway win!

Flyers in 7! Wait, we're talking this year?

Sorry, Eagles and Villanova are as good as it gets this year for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back