Remington lawn mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about buying a new walk behind self propelled lawn mower . Walmart has this Remington , with a Remington engine .

Anyone know anything about Remington mowers ?

Anyone know anything about Remington engines ? The mowers we have had in the past all had B&S engines .

Thanks , :)

I believe Remington Power Tools is a brand owned by MTD. Check the country of origin on the engine. I do not think MTD makes any of its engines, but I could be wrong.

Probably just a name assigned to an MTD/Murray mower.
Saw some Remington OPE at Menards. That is the only place that I have ever observed that name used regarding OPE.
Last time I was in WM, all of their lower end mowers were "Hyper Tough", or some simple name like that.

Originally Posted By: smithph
I believe Remington Power Tools is a brand owned by MTD. Check the country of origin on the engine. I do not think MTD makes any of its engines, but I could be wrong.

Sorry , left off the link .

I think it is non stock / order only , at least for our stores . Did not see any at the local Walmart .

So , can not look to see the country of origin on the engine .

Thanks , :)
Wyr
God bless

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-RM2...r-Bag/381054843

MTD product and most likely has a Chinese Kohler Clone engine. You would be better off getting something with a Briggs & Stratton or Honda engine. Take a look at the Husqvarna mowers at Lowe’s.

Last edited:
I would avoid MTD. There are better for not that much more. Husqvarna or Craftsman model #917.xxxxxx is made by Husqvarna. The #247.xxxxxx is MTD. (Or it was a few years ago).

I have a Ariens self propelled with Kohler Courage and the carb was recalled for corrosion in the needle seat. After a few calls they sent me a replacement carb and its been fine ever since.

I am only familiar with Remington branded chainsaws (orange and black)

Both gas & electric models are both GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the mower is OK.....

Remington is just a defunct name slapped on a cheap mower. Remington firearms and Remington ammo are completely different companies from it and each other. MTD was decent when they were still USA made. Now they’re just Chinese-made and disposable. I agree; find a good used American-made mower. It’ll last more than a couple of years.

Last edited:
most mowers are made by a very few manufacturers + rebranded! if you want a great rear drive bagger get a honda, all use dual blades + their large rear discharge NEVER clogs!!! home depot is a dealer i believe, i mail ordered mine from Wise sales as it was a model available at HD, best mower i ever had, it shames my outgoing snapper!! whatever you get be sure its rear drive where the weight of the bagged grass is + NO skinny shutes that easily clog!! the hondas use a rear sliding door, close to mulch + open to bag easy peasy!! my aunt has the $399 model from HD + its great, i went hydrostatic $$$ as i was mowing 4 lawns weekly before i gave it up, good beer $$$

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Well is it a bolt or a semi automatic?

Okay, I got a good laugh out of that. Wife asked me what was so funny. But not gonna attempt to explain a lawnmower/firearm joke to her.

Originally Posted By: Crispysea
MTD was decent when they were still USA made. Now they’re just Chinese-made and disposable. I agree; find a good used American-made mower. It’ll last more than a couple of years.

I agree... but sadly, Even name brands like "Briggs & Stratton" and "Kohler Courage"
are REALLY just "assembled in the USA of chinese parts".

I'm sure there are some decent quality checks along the way.

Champion generators are chinese made, but are very high quality
compared to the Harbor Freight clones or others that "appear" identical

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Well is it a bolt or a semi automatic?

OT: Neither; it is the type that gives your lawn a close shave.

If it has a grip handle, a high capacity detachable bag, and a decent size fuel tank, its an ASSAULT MOWER!

No one needs these types of mowers , when a simple low capacity reel mower will do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back