Nokian WR G4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends on how much you drive, but I wonder how well all the all-weather tires work down near 5-6/32?
I tried a set with the CRV and got down to 5/32 going into the second winter(they weren't great for the first) so I picked up a set of lightly used winter tires.
My 5/32 snows got me around OK with the Focus this winter, but that's the 4th and last winter for them.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
https://www.nokiantires.com/all-weather-tires/nokian-wr-g4/
These look like they will be some great tires. Im strongly considering a set.

I have the WR-G3 on my wife's Subaru and doing great, I sold my neighbour on all weathers and they use Hankook's up into Quebec without any problems. Not as good as dedicated tires, but a great compromise for those living in the cities of the snowbelt with the occasional foray into snow country.

We have a thread on it already.

It's basically a Nokian WR A4 made for the US/Canada market.

I forget a what depth does the snowflake disappear, probably around 4-5mm I would have to guess.

I had the Nokian WR G3 (with the WR A3 pattern), and was very reliable in the winter with a FWD car. Compound stayed nice and flexible in sub zero °F temperatures for me.

Best tire I've ever had. I roll around Boston and they are solid all year round in my experience, but especially in rain, snow, and ice.

Do yourself a favor and dive in. I have had two sets of WRG3s and the WRG4 will be next.

Yep, my corolla will likely be my around town DD but as a 2nd vehicle, so figured an all weather tire would fit the bill on my DD but will put dedicated snows on my newer car for longer treks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back