A question that plagues mankind or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are driving down the road and see a for sale sign on a car-boat or anything. You turn your head and the next thing you know you are in the left lane or the shoulder depending where the sign is. Before this you we're in your lane. Now our heads are not attached to our arms but the vehicle wants to go in the direction we are looking. WHY? I know you must be thinking this guy is losing it. Well up here in Vermont that's what happens when your neighbor is a moose and it's to cold out to change the oil.
crazy2.gif

LHD. (Left Hand Driving).

You put your left hand on the wheel, and you use your right hand as you will with a standard/stick-shift.

You only use your right hand when you have to...

Like when you have to be the first to see the moose antlers on the car...

P.S. you are still good.
Tell me when you see "magnetic driving": a guy drives a bit left, and 4 cars after him do the same. a guy drives right and over the line, and 4 cars after him do the same.

People tend to drive toward whatever they're looking at. It's why drunk drivers will crash into a car parked in the breakdown lane of a highway at night. Most drivers who are alert will steer away. That's why it's always a bad idea to use the breakdown lane unless it's a real emergency.

I've seen several people fall off the treadmill at the gym. It's usually because they weren't paying attention and turn the heads one way or the other.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
If u will drive south, your brain will thaw,,,imho

nah, just need a good cowboy coffee:
-you take one horseshoe. spit-shine and hold for later
-you take one can of coffee.
-you take one seasoned coffee pot
-start the fire
-you dump the whole can of coffee in the pot
-you dump one cup of water
-wait for it to boil
-dump the horseshoe
-if it floats, the coffee is READY

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
If u will drive south, your brain will thaw,,,imho

nah, just need a good cowboy coffee:
-you take one horseshoe. spit-shine and hold for later
-you take one can of coffee.
-you take one seasoned coffee pot
-start the fire
-you dump the whole can of coffee in the pot
-you dump one cup of water
-wait for it to boil
-dump the horseshoe
-if it floats, the coffee is READY
Now this is funny. If I try it oh never mind then I would be crazy
lol.gif

It's due to over-sensitive steering. You must have grown up driving big GM/Ford/Chryslers that had steering with 6-8 turns lock-to-lock.

Or you have a Moose attraction. Not that we pass judgements here...

Originally Posted By: JLTD
It's called target fixation.

Or in your case, Moose Fixation.

You owe me a clean keyboard....

Lady on my paper route swatted a bee on her dashboard.
She picked it up with a rolled newspaper and not wanting to pass the bee across her body she reached over to her right to throw it out the right window.
The resulting lean went through her left arm and she drove fast into a tree.

She destroyed her face and car real well.

Good thing she didn't risk getting stung.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
It's due to over-sensitive steering. You must have grown up driving big GM/Ford/Chryslers that had steering with 6-8 turns lock-to-lock.

Or you have a Moose attraction. Not that we pass judgements here...

Yes 1977 suburban 1985 F350. Moose better than people. Talk to her when she shows up. Wife thinks I'm crazy. Yea like a fox. Hey when you are going to hit 65 in July people think your old and goofy. Why disappoint them.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: JLTD
It's called target fixation.

Or in your case, Moose Fixation.

You owe me a clean keyboard....

I get a good one in, once and awhile....

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Yes, it is natural to turn towards whatever you're looking at, especially if you turn your head. As a moose, I would know!
That's what we named the moose that comes to the house. Nice to look at but will put you 6 feet under in a heart beat if you get to close and tick them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back