Not open for further replies.
Again that Mr. Copper additive
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
smile.gif

No, i'm new one
smile.gif

I post UOA in the right section of the thread, or not?
if I'm wrong, please correct me.

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
smile.gif

Did that previous thread get deleted?

Good catch on it too, I missed it.

This is 4 different samples from 4 trucks? Or one series of four samples, all from one truck?

Lots of Fe there on some of these ... Vis also a bit low in some.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
This is 4 different samples from 4 trucks? Or one series of four samples, all from one truck?

4 different samples from 4 trucks, same route, same oil, same diesel...
I know about Fe and Viscosity.
It's possible to do a % comparison with 4 samples.

Originally Posted By: Alexey88rus

So are you selling the additive or just promoting it?

So are you a user, or promoter, of the additive?

if I'm a regular user or I want to talk and show something about the new product
does this affect the UOA results I show?
smile.gif

Last edited:

if I'm a regular user or I want to talk and show something about the new product
smile.gif

At least that answers the question about whether you're the same one as before
smile.gif

Just so people are aware is all.

smile.gif

Of course it does, and never for the better.

When you're adding anything to the oil that wouldn't be there in the first place, you're going to be changing the mixture that is the motor oil. Now, ideally, if one is trying to do UOAs, it's best to have a VOA of what was put in there in the first place. Some additives really mess up the elemental numbers in UOAs, really making it difficult to see what goes on. Similarly, hopping oil brand to oil brand messes up the numbers, with residual oil.

Now, others here with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong, but if I did feel the absolute need to run additives (I don't) and wanted to conduct UOAs, I would first wish to run a VOA of the engine oil in question mixed with the additive in question in correct proportions, so at least there's some baseline.

Look at it even from a very simple example. Let's say I'm running an ordinary ILSAC lube with 800 ppm phosphorus. I dump in a whack of ZDDP additive of some sort, the analysis might show something like 1600 ppm phosphorus after the OCI. That certainly didn't come from running ordinary PYB 5w-30 SN/GF-5.

smile.gif

Yes - it does matter.
I'll address this on two fronts ...

1) the results are OK to post, but I don't know what they really prove. The Fe is high in a couple of them; there's nothing astonishing in these. So what's the point here? The additive is clearly visible in the UOA, but the Fe shows high wear rates. Four separate UOAs from four separate vehicles shows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN A STATISTICAL SENSE. You are welcome to your opinion, but mine is that this additive did zilch to improve anything, and the high Fe wear is not something I'd be flinging about the internet as a great achievement. While the additive may not have created the issue, it certainly doesn't give a glowing example, either.
To quote you:
"4 different samples from 4 trucks, same route, same oil, same diesel... It's possible to do a % comparison with 4 samples."

While I agree it's possible to do a comparison, it's also REALLY BAD methodology to do so in this example. Clearly you have zero idea of how to administer a clinical experiment with any validity. I do statistical process quality control for a living; I would know a good DOE versus a bad DOE. I agree that you can compare/contrast these, but with absolutely no ability to make any reasonable, rational conclusions whatsoever. This is about as haphazard as it gets. It's "possible" to do a lot of different things in life; that doesn't mean they are all good ideas, or have rational outcomes. Just because you did something, doesn't make it science ...

You would be well served to start by reading this:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/used-oil-analysis-how-to-decide-what-is-normal/
This would be the absolute minimum of understanding of how to use UOAs and do comparisons and contrasts. It goes much deeper than this, but this is a great place for laymen to start understanding how data should be collected, used and analyzed.

2) if you're going to promote a product in a commercial/business sense, you need to contact the administration and register as a site advertiser.

Locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back