Archoil AR9100 Additive Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My potassium was high on uoa. Called Archoil and thats normal so no coolant issue.Using Ceratec but going back to Archoil after Ceratec gone.

Originally Posted By: Ltmax
Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Ltmax...let us know what your first impressions are? It quieted down my applications and curious on your take. Thanks for sharing you upcoming experiences.

Just finished changing the oil/filter and putting in 10 ounces of the Archoil AR9100. I was shocked at how much of a noticeable difference it made as soon as I started it up. The engine is much quieter now, standing above it all you hear is a quiet whirring of the valve-train and belts and the sound of the injectors ticking. Must say, it's a considerable change from before. Took it for a short drive and it seems to rev a bit quicker as well.

Overall, I'd say I'm happy so far with the results.

Thanks for this report and keep us updated over time.

I have one more free oil change from the dealer on my new Silverado. I'll be running Archoil 9100 in this 6.0 gas engine and will have a UOA performed as well.

Originally Posted by Ltmax
Been reading a bunch about how wonderful Archoil is in late model ford Diesel engines and the nanoborate anti wear additives sound like great stuff especially in high performance/high load engines.

Some of my friends have used it with great success elimiating rough running diesel injector issues.

Always been a little skeptical of most oil additives watching many come and go over the years, but if this stuff is as good as advertised, I'm strongly considering using their oil additive in my 2008 Ferarri built Maserati 4.2l gasoline engine.

Any of you experts have experience one way or the other with Archoil?

Many thanks.

Ltmax while I am no expert on Archoil AR9100 I did open the 4th or 5th gallon of it a few weeks ago for our personal use in about a dozen engines around the place ranging age from 1948 to 2012.

At first I put Archoil in the So What category.

It was reading definitive reports from the shipping and mining industries testing of AR9100 lead me to going full bore with its usage in engines, transmissions, differentials, power steering and other motor and hydraulic oil applications over time. Most major corps do not put snake oil in million dollar machines that they use daily 24/7.

While I do not recommend or not recommend AR9100 the fact I have used over a $1000 of Archoil products (mainly AR9100) should communicate my person thoughts over the pass 5 or so years on AR9100. Actually I really do not give much thought to AR9100 usage any longer but just do it.

My current project is a place we just bought has an old shop on it with an inground 4 arm auto lift (it seems to be a Rotary brand the best I can tell from markings). While I will NOT be adding AR9100 to the 46 gallons of hydraulic fluid (there are no pumps just air pressure that moves the hydraulic fluid) I am using AR9100 to clean out the crankcase of the 1956 Champion air compressor that drives the lift after I physically flushed out carbon chunks build up from the crankcase after about 5 oil changes of about 30 minutes of run time with 5W-30 motor oil I found in the shop with about 10-20% of Marvel Mystery Oil in the mix. A compressor oil change takes 1 quart.

Most major companies when they move to synthetic compressor oil first do a complete tear down of the piston driven compressors I read but I am risking doing carbon build up slowly with AR9100 and 10W-40 high mileage motor oil since the seals seem to seep oil from the look of things. After about 2 hours of run time I changed the AR9100 treated oil this week. It was starting to darken but was not black and did NOT have contain any carbon chucks but carbon was being suspended in the oil as expected. The plan is to keep doing this every 1-2 hours of run time until the oil stays clear.

I have it in the 5.4L engine on the 2010 Ford F-150 PU that we got last year with 205K miles showing as well as in the power steering, 6 speed automatic transmission and transfer case so far with better shifting of the transmission and transfer case. In 2017 we went end to end with AR9100 in a new to us 2010 Subaru Forester that then was showing 105K miles. Most days I drive using the manual shift mode for slowing down and dog the car on take offs. Now at 133K the manual or automatic shifting mode are still giving crisp shifts. It is my daily driver so I decided to make it my first end to end test bed for Archoil AR9100. One of my older gallon jugs of AR9100 states for automatic transmission usage but the last two gallons do not mention Automatic transmission usage. I do run some in the 22 gallons of Universal Tractor Fluid in my 1983 John Deere 310B backhoe hoping to clean up some valves. It has the power shift forward/reverse shuttle.

Your machines so it is your calls on Archoil AR9100 usage in them and not my call.
smile.gif
Best of testing.

To date I have not found a down side to any of my Archoil usage. it has stopped most of the down shifting banging in the F-150 but for the heck of it and because it was a cake walk I added an ATF filter to the F-150 so going forward I can change the transmission fluid one filter full at a time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back