Brake Metal rubbing - when let go of brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently did my rear brakes with semi-metallic brake pads. I am stumped by this RR brake behavior - when I am at a stop and slightly let go, there is a metal-metal rubbing sound. More predominant when the rotors are cold and then it goes away, it also behaves as such when in reverse.

Any ideas what could be happening.

Make sure the caliper is tight. If you used the original rotors, there might be a higher ridge along the edge of the rotor. The brake pads could shift enough in reverse ( or during regular braking) to hit the ridge. Should wear down in time. If you used new rotors, i'd go back in and have a look.

Too much grease on sliding pins (vacuum/sticky caliper)...or that one sliding pin with a dampening rubber on it...if that rubber gets swollen (over time) it can cause problems (sticky caliper)...yoz can simply get rid of that additional rubber of that pin (aftermarket are often not the right size)

Why would you install aftermarket semi metallic rear pads?

If you reused the wear indicators, it is possible that they are not properly clipped into place. There is a very tiny tab inside the indicator that needs to be bent out when you are reusing them. You should have a heard a click after snapping them in. If not, that may be your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back