Bought clearance ST oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tagged at $1.50 but rang up at .75 cents, anyway noticed the one in the right has an orange ADBV vs the usual black ones. Never seen orange ones in ST.

Last edited:
Well ya done good barkingspider. For $2.25 that is a very nice deal. Plus you may well have scored a bonus with a silicone ADBV in the one filter. Though nitrile rubber can be any color of course. For your sake I hope not. Just because that makes this a little extra "bonus" pickup for you.

Yeah, I like the idea of having a silicone ADBV in an inexpensive filter. However, ORANGE does not necessarily mean that it is definitely silicone...does it?
Or the fact that the assembly line ran out of black ADBV and just slapped in an orange one(s) for the remainder of the product run. Where are the others?...Hmmm!

I was wondering if the ST3505 used a combo valve. However, 3505 an odd number (likely a consolidation of a couple filter apps) and based on an earlier bitog thread seems it replaces the more standard 3506 in the closed out ST line. That is confirmed using Fram X-ref. If so, then this for older GM with block bypass so no filter bypass required.

That being the case, I think it most likely a silicone adbv got used on the one filter. If one goes to the Wix site and X-refs the ST3505, the 51042 with a silicone adbv shows. Base end looks just like the one ST3505. In addition to the markdown, seems you got a bonus with that one.

Good score. I bought 10 cartridge type filters @ $1.79 for my Dodge Pentastar V6. At 1 OC a year, I'm good for 10 years. I have only enough NAPA Full Syn 5W-20 @$2.99/qt. to last 5 years. What will I do??

Grabbed the last threemy store had just under $2, been using st9688 for my Honda with no problems . new blue can ST filter way to small for my liking so will need to switch up for the Honda but will use new ST for the KIA

Nice manufacturing defect. It may be worth something!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back