Liqui Moly Long Life III VW 507- 2013 Golf TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest report on the Golf
grin.gif

I labeled which oil was used at the top of each column, they have all been 507 spec oils. Even though I haven't needed them for the last 38k miles, they keep giving good results and I'm happy with that.

Oil Report April 2018 by DerekG710, on Flickr

Originally Posted By: PimTac
A good example of a great report with a oil that some will say has a weak add pack.

I searched and didn't find any info on the new (2017) version of Long Life III. Just curious what people were saying about it. I put Total Ineo back in on this OCI, but there's no logic behind that. I have tried most of the 507 oils and the Total performed well (and is the cheapest). We'll see how it does for the second time around.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Hmm ...
So no MOLY in Liqui-MOLY....??

Been that way for some time. Yep it doesn’t match the name.

Pretty much only calcium based detergents and ZDDP recognizable in that report, but it seems to be working great.
Was the M1 that was used earlier 5W30 ESP?

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

Was the M1 that was used earlier 5W30 ESP?

Yes it was

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Hmm ...
So no MOLY in Liqui-MOLY....??

Been that way for some time. Yep it doesn’t match the name.

It's too expensive to change their name to Liqui-calcium.

If you want moly, add their M0S2.

Great report. Which Total INEO did you put back in (and which did you use earlier)? MC3 or Long Life?

And not surprising to see a bunch of armchair scientists grading an oil buy it’s “add pack.” Just ignore them. Very little, in terms of an oil’s utility, can be gleaned from an oil analysis.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CleverUserName
He is deleted. No emissions whatsoever on this TDI. That's why he has a good wear metals numbers from a VW 507 oil.

Did I ask you a question?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
He is deleted. No emissions whatsoever on this TDI. That's why he has a good wear metals numbers from a VW 507 oil.

Did I reply to your comment? Why would you think I was talking to you?

Did I reply to your comment? Why would you think I was talking to you?

Don’t play dumb. You’re trying to make an excuse for why an “inferior” low SAPS oil showed an excellent report due to our tiff in another thread.

I hate to ruin the party, but it's pretty common for a Volkswagen tdi to ahead metal for the first 50,000 miles or so. The last couple of oil brands used aren't anything special. We have a Total refinery 15 minutes away from me. Along with probably all the others too.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I hate to ruin the party, but it's pretty common for a Volkswagen tdi to ahead metal for the first 50,000 miles or so. The last couple of oil brands used aren't anything special. We have a Total refinery 15 minutes away from me. Along with probably all the others too.

I guess mine is still breaking in at 114K miles, as FE is still very high @ 8-10 PPM per k miles. I don't think iron wear ever tapers off in these engines. My theory is it's primarily from the high EGR flow rates AND the Regen cycles. I think during regen the extra fuel washes the oil off of the cylinders which causes the extra wear.

Also worth noting is the amount of larger iron particles on my magnetic drain plug. That plug is always covered in black grit when I pull it.

Last edited:
Great report. Which Total INEO did you put back in (and which did you use earlier)? MC3 or Long Life?

It was Long Life both times.

Originally Posted By: DerekG

It was Long Life both times.

Thanks.

My 2015 Jetta TDI S DSG has only tells me change oil 7500 miles, I'm ready to change the miles to 10000 miles.
Why don't you push to 10,000 miles oil look great.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back