Car / Dash phone holder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the truck but need help figuring the type of phone holder I have or what I need to have on my phone that would connect to it.

I have see a few, I think it has a phone type case and I can insert my phone to it.

I would like to remove but don't want the screw holes in the tray.

Or would prefer to order a new tray but don't know where/part number. 2009 Tundra Base Model.

Link To Cell/Dash Tray

Last edited:
Well its hard to determine what is good for your needs until you actually have one in your hands and can put your phone in it and see how it goes. Some are more generic and can cover up buttons or power cord on some phones. Some will not work well if phone has a case. Hard to buy on Amazon. You can rule many out, but hard to find a perfect one.

I bought one of these magnetic vent-mount phone holders on Amazon for less than $10, and it worked very well for me. It isn't a swivel mount, for the positioning of the vent that I used was decent, so it worked.

This past Christmas, however, my daughter bought me a new one, with a swivel feature that I like even more.

Both work great, but I prefer the one with swivel. There are tons out there to choose from.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I bought one of these magnetic vent-mount phone holders on Amazon for less than $10, and it worked very well for me. It isn't a swivel mount, for the positioning of the vent that I used was decent, so it worked.

This past Christmas, however, my daughter bought me a new one, with a swivel feature that I like even more.

Both work great, but I prefer the one with swivel. There are tons out there to choose from.
That blocks the vent from the A/C!

I couldn't live through a summer if one of my A/C vents were blocked

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: SirTanon

That blocks the vent from the A/C!

I couldn't live through a summer if one of my A/C vents were blocked

My Fusion has 4 front-facing vents in the dash, two are right next to each other in the center of the dash. Even in hot summer heat, I get more than enough cold air flow through my vents to keep me cool and comfy.

Here's a shot with the phone on the left-side middle vent. In summer, I put it on the right side vent to insure more cold air flow on the driver side.

full-64489-6402-phon.jpg

I have read that magnets can disrupt/harm phones. I saw some magnetic holders that were highly rated on amazon but concerned about magnetic fields/cell phone.

I'm using a magnet holder and there are no problems. The ferrous disc you attach to the back of the phone may interfere with wireless charging.

Originally Posted By: coopns
I have read that magnets can disrupt/harm phones. I saw some magnetic holders that were highly rated on amazon but concerned about magnetic fields/cell phone.

The phone I use this for is my older Galaxy S3, and I have a large metal plate stuck to the back of it, so the magnet certainly holds it super tight. I've also never even once experienced any kind of issue with the magnet causing any problem for the phone, and I've been using it this way for over a year. Keep in mind, just about all modern phones use some kind of metal cage as their framework.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
The ferrous disc you attach to the back of the phone may interfere with wireless charging.

In my experience, the plate WILL cause problems with wireless charging. I've experienced this first-hand. I was going to magnet mount my newer phone - a Galaxy S7 Edge - with my 2nd magnet mount, and while it held nicely, when I went to charge it on my wireless charging pad, I had to place it JUST right, or it didn't work. No other issues though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back