Chipped Windshield Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to drop full coverage insurance on my truck in January. Well, don't you know, when you don't have it you will need it. Any time I would get a chip in my windshield I would contact my insurance company, whom in turn would contact SAFELITE to repair my windshield. Now that I don't have full coverage I have to fix the chip myself.
I bought a chip/crack repair kit from WM made by RAIN-X. I watched the HOW-TO video on YT and went to my cousins house to have him do the repair. Long story short, it worked out GREAT! You can barely see where the chip was. For $10 and change, I highly recommend it.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

https://www.rainx.com/product/windshield-repair-kit/rain-x-windshield-repair-kit/

Gravel mining and hauling around here … so that process has been amazing …
Our new SUV got one by the time it had only 7k miles …
The worst was our H3 … that glass was a Catcher’s mitt.
wink.gif

I used that Rain-X kit last year and it worked great.
PS: I am generally anti more government regulations but I believe that trucks carrying gravel, stone etc....should be further regulated because this is far too common.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I used that Rain-X kit last year and it worked great.
PS: I am generally anti more government regulations but I believe that trucks carrying gravel, stone etc....should be further regulated because this is far too common.

Same in general but this gravel truck stuff is difficult ... some better drivers clean the back but it only takes one sloppy driver to put lots of gravel in a 70 mph zone ...

Have you priced out just comprehensive coverage with glass insurance?

Less than $3 a month for my Jeep.

My parents dropped full coverage on their van but somehow AAA had a $100 deductible for glass replacement still.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Have you priced out just comprehensive coverage with glass insurance?

Less than $3 a month for my Jeep.

Thank You Nick, I will DEFINITELY check into that tomorrow. I have been with State Farm for 31 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back