Rotella T6 5w-40 CK4 and Ford Spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this has been covered, but Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 CK4 is on Ford's list for spec WSS-M2C171-F1, but Shell's website only shows Ford WSS
M2C171-E. Would like to run it in the future, but concerned about it not showing on Shell's site. Thanks.

Is that Ford engine such a fragile piece of junk it will wear out quicker unless it uses certain oils?
Please run it, do UOA's and post them.

That is my ultimate determiner...is it on the bottle? Skyactiv, like I posted in another thread, what is Cummins, Freightliner, etc. missing in their tests that Ford sees? Guess this drama will continue.

That is where I am confused...Ford shows on list but not on Rotella jug. Hopefully someone can help.

If it's on Ford's list, I'd be satisfied. Shell is not know to waste labels, and will have certifications ahead of the labels being affixed. Maybe Chris Guerrero himself will see this thread and answer.

Hello and thank you for your question! Ford’s new engine oil specification, WSS-M2C171-F1, went into effect December 1, 2016, and recommends that all diesel engine oils meet this specification in order to be used in Ford diesel vehicles. The Shell Lubricants technical team has worked quickly and diligently and gained approval on all Shell ROTELLA® products.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Is that Ford engine such a fragile piece of junk it will wear out quicker unless it uses certain oils?
Please run it, do UOA's and post them.

Its called Ford being diligent and caring that CAFE/EPA and other "tree hugger groups" are taking the critical components out of our motor oils, just because Chevrolet or Dodge doesn't care doesn't mean it isn't happening!

Face it, there is a major crackdown right now on OTR/HD engines including the catastrophic failure of DPF's and regen cycles and all that bullcrap to try and attempt to tighten emissions on diesels. It has done nothing but cut the life span of the engines, cost more to maintain and give the owners more headaches!

The Scorpion 6.7 absolutely screams and is a top performing light duty diesel engine, plain fact. Ford found something in the new oil specs that was removed that threatened the longevity of their engine and they cared enough to make it known and do something about it. At least they still care for their customers unlike Government Motors and Fiat/Chrysler!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back