Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see it working. 303 Aerospace is a good product.

But belts also stretch.. tensioner could run out of range?

I don't know. I have a motorcraft belt on my truck. Pretty sure its the original as I know my dad wouldn't get a dealer part that could be had at the parts store much cheaper. It has 250k on it and it doesn't look like that first belt. I guarantee you its never been treated.

Last edited:
Could be-I've used 303 on my tires for years and it really helps against checking on my RV tires as well as the utillity trailer tires that just sit.

The cracking on the left does not affect performance. That belt is OK to continue to use. Cracks that go lengthwise or chunks falling off mean that the belt needs to be replaced. The belt on the right may not be cracked, but it is worn down to just about nothing.

Someone is laughing their backside off just thinking about all the poor suckers soaking their belts in it.
lol.gif

Just because you could doesn't mean you should.

I would be worried about stress on an older belt....

Originally Posted By: Trav
Someone is laughing their backside off just thinking about all the poor suckers soaking their belts in it.
lol.gif

Especially when you see them unscrew the cap and pour it in a bucket to "treat" the belt. I guess you can use the excess to treat tires and such, but I wouldn't be using on my dash or interior vinyl after soaking a belt in it and pouring it back in the bottle to be thrifty. LOL

Modern EPDM belts last a LONG time and are cheap. The treated belt might look a bit better, but its seriously worn. I've seen many 100k belts that look better than the 36k one he showed.

Usually the tensioner and/or idlers need replacing and its a good time to replace the belt regardless.

If you replace your belt every time you have to take it off for a repair then you will never have a belt issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back