Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.
I just enrolled on Bob the oil guy .
This is my first post so here goes.

Vehicles in the family.
2013 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab
2006 Volvo XC90 2.5 lt eng
1976 Moto Guzzi Convert (automatic trans)
Honda Generator and Lawm mower.

Current oil used Pennzoil Platinum 5-30 syn
Mobil 1 15-50 In the Guzzi
Mobil 1 75-90 in trans and rear diff (driveshaft type on bike. The same gear oil is used in the Tacoma ft diff and transfer case and read diff.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
TOMB. That a Tom Bailey

Last edited:
welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif

I'm curious - what's the specified oil for the transfer case on your Tacoma?

I just discovered some weird, 75W, mon-grade and outrageously expensive oil is specified for the Tundra...wondering if the Tacoma is the same...

Welcome! Looks like you prefer synthetics. What type driving do you do? What is your oil change interval?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Convert
Hello everyone.
I just enrolled on Bob the oil guy .
This is my first post so here goes.

Vehicles in the family.
2013 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab
2006 Volvo XC90 2.5 lt eng
1976 Moto Guzzi Convert (automatic trans)
Honda Generator and Lawm mower.

Current oil used Pennzoil Platinum 5-30 syn
Mobil 1 15-50 In the Guzzi
Mobil 1 75-90 in trans and rear diff (driveshaft type on bike. The same gear oil is used in the Tacoma ft diff and transfer case and read diff.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
TOMB. That a Tom Bailey

The engine is likely to fall out of your Volvo if the oil is not changed immediately after signing up for BITOG. And UOA that used oil while you are at it.

The transfer case is supposed to be spec. for a GL4 or GL5 that's what Toyota prefers but by the owner's manual and the lot of Toyota websites the Tacoma transfer case can take either GL4 or GL5.

Diff front a rear a d trans case require 30k changes.

Engine oil a d filter changed 5-7k but I plan on late fall and April oil a d filter changes. That way Im covered for winter and summer.
It's. My daily driver. The Volvo follows the same schedule.
Wife doesn't drive anymore due to health issues so the Volvo is parked a lot mainly driven to doctors and to see grandkids. So the oil change interval is short but changed at least once a year. The Volvo is 12 years old and is just about to turn 60k.

As a side note. My user name is Convert. It has nothing to due with religion. It's the model oh my motorcycle I.E.Moto Guzzi Convert

Last edited:
Astro 14

Try this website. Lots of info there. Do a forum search for Toyota trucks there is a Tundra link in there somewhere ..
Most of the oil sites can offer suggestions.

As a site note my 2013 Tacoma 4x4 has a limited slip rear diff does not require special additive for the LS as its computer controlled by using the rear brakes, earlier Tacomas did require special additives
https://www.tacomaworld.com/

Last edited:
spam 3

Ive been committed to Syn since my daughter was born.

She will be 43 in Oct. I wonder if she knows that. I have to enlighten her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back