Spraying WD40 on arthritic joints??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the barber last week and one of the customers was on the topic of how he plays guitar a lot and has arthritis in his wrist and thumbs. He was on a diet of OTC stuff asprin Ibuprofen with no help and he heard about using WD40 several years before so now when ever he decides to play he sprays his wrist and thumb joints with WD40. He said it keeps hisjoints in good shape and he only does it about twice a week. Does not seem like it would be the safest thing to do at least long term. Seems to me it would be toxic, I will not try it. I know WD40 can be used for many things, but I have never in my 58 years on this planet ever heard of spraying it on arthritic joints. Anyway anyone else on here ever heard of using WD40 on arthritic joints?

The old guy next door puts it on his knee. He's 90!! idk if it would be a good idea but it does sound interesting.

Maybe they get high off the fumes and don't give a darn about arthritis pain anymore?
;^)
Honestly sounds nuts to me, but you never know.

Placebo effect only. There's a youtube by BillyPenn 300 guitars. com on using it for such.

Regularly massaging petroleum distillates into the skin? Pass.

More voodoo science. And they are not even claiming it's homeopathic.
banana2.gif

The Old Order Mennonites in my area do this all the time. For some of them, the eau-de-WD 40 is a big improvement...must be due to the heavy black wool coats they wear 16/365 ?

Quote:
Maybe they get high off the fumes and don't give a darn about arthritis pain anymore?
;^)
Honestly sounds nuts to me, but you never know.

Quote:
More voodoo science. And they are not even claiming it's homeopathic.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
You've only got part of it. The story is that you put DMSO or ground up aspirin on the knee, spray it with WD-40 and then rub it in.

WD-40 is not a lubricant. It's a solvent. It's mostly mineral spirits, which removes oils/grease.

I really wish people would pick up on this. They wonder why they have to spray the door hinges 4-6 times a year with this stuff. I hit mine once a year with Ballistol.

Hinges, too!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
You've only got part of it. The story is that you put DMSO or ground up aspirin on the knee, spray it with WD-40 and then rub it in.
That might be a good choice but I think a 50/50 mixture of Broadway Joe's 454 and dirt from El Santuario de Chimayo would be hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back