I'm stumped ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnewton3

Staff member
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/08/...arry-knife.html

If you recall, I posted a story not long ago (carried on both CNN and Fox) about London being more dangerous than NYC. Stabbings are the number one cause of murder in London (firearms long ago heavily controlled/banned in the UK). Well - at least they're consistent now; blaming the knives .... Must have been an "assault knife" ... You know, designed for military, rapid deployment, designed for use in one hand, excessive blade length ... Because kitchen knives have a purpose, but no person should ever carry an "assault knife". I guess they'll have to blame cars and vans next; ban them, too.

What's that in your hand?
- pencil
- hammer
- screwdriver
- coffee cup
- extension cord
- BPA-free metal water bottle
- laptop computer
- tree limb that you picked up from the front yard
(all examples above, and hundreds of others, have been used by one human to kill another human).
Better ban them - ALL of them!

At some point London'ites will have to surrender their hands, because people have been beaten to death just by fisticuffs.
I'm imagining something along the lines of Monty Python's famous "tiger - leg" scene from the Meaning of Life.

Doctor: Perkins - what's all the trouble then?
Perkins: Well, Sir, it's my hands; they're missing.
Doctor: What do you mean "missing"?
Perkins: Well, you see, my hands ... they've sort of been ... ummmmmmm ... cut off.
Doctor: Cut off you say?
Perkins: Yes - quite. Right off. Have a look!
Doctor: Oh ... Well that's a bit of a niggler now, isn't it? How'd it happen?
Government manager: Dangerous things, Sir. Had to be removed, you know. Terribly dangerous to let just anyone have hands. 'Fore you know it, people would be waiving them about, pummeling each other in some sort of morbid dance. Can't have that today; utterly unacceptable. No one needs hands anyway; dreadful things prone to germs and violence. Better off without them; that's Parliaments view. Public health and safety; that's the goal here Sir!

Last edited:
LOL,
Oz has been there long ago...

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/nsw-laws-tough-on-knife-carrying-offenders/793340/

Per our Police Commissioner probably a decade ago..."if you have a knife in your pocket, you better have a fishing rod over your shoulder"

I know people who have been asked to turn and place their hands on a shop front wall, for having a leatherman on their belt.

A local apprentice chef didn't have a car, and caught a train to the neighbouring town, his place of work. One evening he went for a few beers with his workmates after a shift, and was "caught" catching the train back here.

As he had not returned straight home after his shift, he was charged.

Now we have doctors (UK and Oz followers) calling for bans on carving knives, as they are unecessarily "stabbing" implements, when less lethal knives can still carve the Sunday roast.

Last edited:
Common sense right, if you want to kill someone and cant get a M72 LAW you use a gun if you cant get that you use a knife and if you cant get that swing a toaster oven around by the cord.
People are morons man but you know that already. People kill people not inanimate objects people choose to put in motion its really that simple.

I have a screw driver on my desk that can kill........ A few pens and pencils too....They aren't assault style though, oh wait maybe the screw driver is because of the look of the handle.

All true, but those other killing devices do not fit well with the MSM narrative that all those second amendment nuts are ruining the country.

Here we go! The usual drivel from the usual suspect...

Oh! Look what's happening over there in London. It's so terrible. And in Germany. It's so terribly terrible. And in France too. It's so terrible.

And everyone, just keep looking over there and don't, whatever you do, look at what's happening here, under our very noses because we don't want to draw attention to that, no sir! That's all how it should be. All very constitutional. God bless America!

What a joke...

35.gif

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Nothing new here, unfortunately. Blame the inanimate objects instead of the criminals. Then tax the law abiding citizens.

Yep. Take away rights from law abiding citizens. Criminals won't follow it, they're criminals! Look at Chicago.

Last time I flew they took my fingernail clippers, but then gave me a magazine to read, at least I was armed. Little do they know in most cases.

Smoky

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
Last time I flew they took my fingernail clippers, but then gave me a magazine to read, at least I was armed. Little do they know in most cases.

Smoky

Good point. Just ask anyone that studies/studied Arnis, Kali, or one of the other stick disciplines just what damage a rolled up magazine or newspaper can do.
wink.gif

Quote:
There is never a reason to carry a knife

He must have people that open everything for him.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Quote:
There is never a reason to carry a knife

He must have people that open everything for him.

Knives got banned at work about 10 years ago … too many (serious) hand injuries … guys went crazy then cooled off finding there are many safe alternatives … wire stripping tools, specialty scissors, HD shears, sack cutters (guarded) … have not heard a peep about it in years …

At home, I have adopted the practice to do all I can without a knife …

As for the OP story … we have a worldwide and USA culture problem that does not reduce my desire to own a few firearms

last-but-one time I flew (Turkish Airlines) I kept the steel in-flight cutlery because I thought I might be going camping.

(Used to have a nice lightweight duralium British Airways set but I lost them and they don't do anything like that anymore. Probably too many people knicking them.)

They missed it on the next plane change but the one after that they got it and took it off me after a search for more.

"You MUST realise this is far too dangerous to be allowed on a plane, sir"

smile.gif

I can cause more grief with my sneakers. A good pair of shoelaces can go a long way. Quiet (no breathing = no screaming), no mess (blood stains) and they go back in the shoe( concealed, easy to carry).
This is ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: SonofJoe
Here we go! The usual drivel from the usual suspect...

Oh! Look what's happening over there in London. It's so terrible. And in Germany. It's so terribly terrible. And in France too. It's so terrible.

And everyone, just keep looking over there and don't, whatever you do, look at what's happening here, under our very noses because we don't want to draw attention to that, no sir! That's all how it should be. All very constitutional. God bless America!

What a joke...

Not too long ago you claimed that there was no violence problem in EU. Now there is a problem, but apparently people in NA shouldn't be talking about it.

Let's discuss the evil diesels instead. It's a vague enough topic with little facts backing any of the claims so it's goes well with your "we have to do something even if we don't have data" narrative.

Isn't this post political?

3 EPA threads locked and a moderator posts something about gun control...

I'm indifferent either way personally as politics don't bother me. Heck, I even agree with the OP. Just noting the double obvious standards.

Can’t please everyone … on the funcky (not oil) multi pager somebody complains (post lock) that a moderator offered an opinion … what? Some of the best opinions on here are from them … the OP certainly being one of them …

His prior piece on the constitution was also stellar IMO …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back