Argentina MotoGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed it live, so I've downloaded it and down to about 4 laps to go. I'm not sure I can quite believe what I'm seeing. This one is worth keeping to watch again later!

I've been a Repsol Honda fan for a long time, but Marquez's riding was inexcusable. I miss watching Stoner and Rossi duke it out.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I DVR'd it but all my social media was full of the results as well as the, um, different start procedure.

I don't do social media, and I managed to miss all the results and discussion in mainstream media, so the result was a nice surprise. More dumb luck than by design.

I can not believe the way he rode. That almost warrants a one race ban.

It's not just that he bumped Rossi off, that was his 2nd one, and for his startline drama he should've been starting from the pitlane, he thinks he can do just what he likes. A race ban I reckon...or at least a pitlane start in Texas.

Although Rossi and Dovi have plans in place for his last corner bombs, they shouldn't have too - there is no way he can make these passes, in his lines there is no way he can finish the corner without going off track. The intention is to bump the other rider off line. Certainly the best rider out there at the moment, but too imature to be let out on track with other riders.

Originally Posted By: Silk
A race ban I reckon...or at least a pitlane start in Texas.

Not enough. Do they do stop-go penalties in MotoGP? Pitlane start, ride-through with an additional 10 second stop-go on the second lap, ultra-soft wet rear tyre in a dry race, a sumo suit around the bike and maybe 2 12 pound bowling balls chained to the rear swingarm

I still can't believe that race. The guy was a lunatic. Although it's hardly good form, I don't blame Rossi for refusing to speak to him. He'd have been worried about being pushed off his chair in the pit-lane.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I DVR'd it but all my social media was full of the results as well as the, um, different start procedure.

I also DVR’d and watched later in the week. I recorded the one hour version which opened right at the start so I missed any explanation of that lineup. What was with Miller starting out front all by himself?

Re: MM—defending Multi-Champion—after all the penalties I would have stopped in the middle of the front straight, thrown the bike down and walked away.

Finally, thanks to the motorcycle community for maintaining their grid girls. Anyone watch MotoAmerica? Momma Mia!

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
I recorded the one hour version which opened right at the start so I missed any explanation of that lineup. What was with Miller starting out front all by himself?

Miller was the only one who opted for slicks for the race (having gotten pole position on slicks). After the sighting lap the riders realized the track was drying very quickly so they all decided to change from wets to slicks, but the rules state that on-grid adjustments (including tire changes) must be completed before the sighting lap. Any adjustments after that point must be done from pit lane, and any bike pulled off the grid must start the warm-up lap from pit lane and must start the race from the back of the grid.

So Miller sat on the grid by himself for 20 minutes while everyone else changed to slicks and Race Direction was trying to figure out the safest way to clear the confusion and get the race going.

So what you saw was the eventual decision by Race Direction. In truth, the other riders should have started even further back than they did, but they couldn't be placed that far back because there weren't enough marked grid positions.

Quote:
Finally, thanks to the motorcycle community for maintaining their grid girls. Anyone watch MotoAmerica? Momma Mia!

Shhhh! Don't jinx it! Else we might end up like that four-wheeled racing series whose name shall not be mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back