My first Aztec Death Whistle....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it last Sunday, but being air drying modelling clay has taken ages to dry out properly.

Looks like rubbish, but sounds great over the valley...Mark 2 looked a lot better, but I lost the whistle function during construction of the skull, so it got remashed.

Yes, this district is all highland, where the short people who could work the mines came in droves.

The Highland Ball is a sight to behold.

Originally Posted By: andyd
A banshee wail for sure. The Scots and later the Brits, marched into battle following bag pipers.

I'm sure the bagpipes made the enemies fight all the harder.
Whenever I hear bagpipes, I want to kill whoever's playing them.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
No fancy pants whistles here. The "Rebel Yell" is used down South.
And it still works! There have been no Aztec attacks in years south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Originally Posted By: Uphill_Both_Ways
And it still works! There have been no Aztec attacks in years south of the Mason-Dixon line.

It must work against sharks too right? No shark attacks in all those years?

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: Uphill_Both_Ways

It must work against sharks too right? No shark attacks in all those years?
Yeah, and it works even fully underwater against stingrays in the Mississippi, though less so when the Stingray's a getaway car; they don't do well when crossing the Mississippi without using a bridge.

That first one I made...Son hated it, but when we played it out over the valley at 9PM he was laughing his guts out.

Second one flopped and got recycled...looked heaps better, just no whistle.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Then sometimes I think - where did that come from?
\

Wife and workmates call me the minister for useless information (some here do too).

Hate not knowing stuff and how to do stuff.
* went through a chainmail phase, making jump links out of fence wire, made a coif, and a bunch of other key fobs, "stress aids". Gave the coif away, before children, a bit disappointed that I did now, but you get that. 250 hours in that one.
* One winter knitted a Tom Baker Dr Who scarf...wanted to learn how to, so did.
* darn all my socks
* Did that "smokey" thing with the HZ wagon that I had.
* turned a 12V compressor into a vacuum pump, just to see if I could
* Love wood gassification, so have messed around with a couple of applications, including making carcoal to use the same principals as Terra Preta in my year.
* use the wheelbarrow as a "salon" chair to dye my daughter's hair (yes, girls talk to their hairdresser, even if it IS their Dad).
* My fave, made a wind chime to a pentatonic octave, from first engineering principals (calculated vibration frequencies - tuned it with guitar tuner, but was pretty close).
* Make my own A/C gas.

Tried making beer multiple times, and am absolutely useless.

(Vids to come, all on the channel for the home made death whistle).

Said wind chime...

Biochar burner - can sort of see it burning the smoke (smokes like a bastich whin the upper flame goes out).

Early experiment with wood gas "camp stove"

Cooking breakfast on a handful of twigs...

El cheapo vacuum pump...

I came just for the title. The click bait is strong with this one! (JK, I enjoyed it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back