7.3L 4R100 E350 new to me, trans recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck has granted me a rare E350 van with the 7.3 power stroke. ‘01 year with 252k. I have a big stash of Fleetrite Allison rated TES 295 that I’m thinking of using with a pan drop and filter. Or should I buy something else? I got the fleetrite for way less than it normally costs. Since this is such a hard to find van I want to take good care. Is the TES 295 "the best" for this? Thanks

the filter is just a screen, if the pan gasket isn't leaking, drain the pan and torque converter and refill.
The converter has a drain plug too.

I finally got underneath this van and to my dismay i do not have a drain plug. Transmission seems to be dated 03, van is 01, so i'm guessing its not the first trans.

Pan is not leaking so i really don't want to take it off. I think i will just vacuum extract fluid from the top and replace once i decide what to put in.

You can just disconnect a cooler line and run it at idle until the fluid gets bubbles.

Then reconnect the line, and fill to proper level.

This only takes a few minutes.

Valv MaxLife ATF or MERCON V are probably the best choices.

Thanks for the cooler line tip. That worked very well. 5 gallons of maxlife later and its done. Seems a bit smoother.

Originally Posted By: Roadkingnc
the filter is just a screen, if the pan gasket isn't leaking, drain the pan and torque converter and refill.
The converter has a drain plug too.

Incorrect, It should have a Felt Media filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back