Then sometimes I think - where did that come from?
Wife and workmates call me the minister for useless information (some here do too).
Hate not knowing stuff and how to do stuff.
* went through a chainmail phase, making jump links out of fence wire, made a coif, and a bunch of other key fobs, "stress aids". Gave the coif away, before children, a bit disappointed that I did now, but you get that. 250 hours in that one.
* One winter knitted a Tom Baker Dr Who scarf...wanted to learn how to, so did.
* darn all my socks
* Did that "smokey" thing with the HZ wagon that I had.
* turned a 12V compressor into a vacuum pump, just to see if I could
* Love wood gassification, so have messed around with a couple of applications, including making carcoal to use the same principals as Terra Preta in my year.
* use the wheelbarrow as a "salon" chair to dye my daughter's hair (yes, girls talk to their hairdresser, even if it IS their Dad).
* My fave, made a wind chime to a pentatonic octave, from first engineering principals (calculated vibration frequencies - tuned it with guitar tuner, but was pretty close).
* Make my own A/C gas.
Tried making beer multiple times, and am absolutely useless.
(Vids to come, all on the channel for the home made death whistle).