PF63E4.jpg

PF63E5.jpg

PF63E6.jpg

PF63E7.jpg

It looks really good.

I never could figure out why GM made the decision
to throw their weight behind the E-core design,
of all possible choices....

If you're doing a 5000 mile OCI, this seems like a a good filter. I use a wix due to a longer OCI but the ACDelco is half the price.

Last edited:
Wonder what that filter would look like with a hundred sub zero cold starts.

Thank you for the C&P.

The shorter ones off my old 5.3 always looked nice. This one not so much off the 3.7TiVTC.

It is running dealer bulk Delco 0/20 Dexos. Sample is on the way to Blackstone. I don’t really trust the Ford dealer here and there isn’t one with a quick lane close, so I’ve been taking it to the GM dealer where my friends are and taking a jug of MC and a MC filter for them when I’m home (When I’m out traveling I usually do the Quick Lanes) but that is a bit of a hassle so I decided to just let them use Delco. Has more of the same right now.

OH, and y’all are welcome of course.

Last edited:
Thanks for the C&P. Doesn't look too bad for an E-Core considering some of the reports of holes in the media. I just received 13 of these from Advance Auto Parts for under $5 (total). Glad to know you filter appears to have been compatible with your Ford, as I am planning on using them on my F150.

Motorcraft is Purolator, famous for tearing, and AC-Delcos are suspected of tearing too.
Action to take: Bring your oil change technician a Fram Ultra XG10575 instead.
The dexos1 oil is a good idea since its a higher spec than Ford-spec-only oils.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I was just curious, but how many engine failures have been reported/documented from oil filters that have torn pleats/filter media?

None I've heard of. Just some extra wear inside your engine, that's all. It's likely the reason why GM knows they won't get many warranty claims from their poor-quality oil filters.

You have to have 2 things happen inside the engine for it to actually lock-up and fail: 1. Purolator/MC/AC-Delco/orOtherCheapPaperFilter gets a hole in the media.
and 2. A big chunk of dirt or metal is trying to get through the oil filter.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I was just curious, but how many engine failures have been reported/documented from oil filters that have torn pleats/filter media?

None I've heard of. Just some extra wear inside your engine, that's all. It's likely the reason why GM knows they won't get many warranty claims from their poor-quality oil filters.

You have to have 2 things happen inside the engine for it to actually lock-up and fail: 1. Purolator/MC/AC-Delco/orOtherCheapPaperFilter gets a hole in the media.
and 2. A big chunk of dirt or metal is trying to get through the oil filter.

I agree with your latter statements. But, until it actually happens and I hear/read about it, I will continue to use MC oil filters when I'm not using a synthetic type oil filter.

Not sure I'd base my choice of still using products that are known to fail because there's not any proof that it caused an engine failure. This is the same argument the Purolator fanboyz keep using after seeing 80+ instances of torn filters posted in this forum. Would you keep using ammo that fails a lot but doesn't seem to "blow-up" your gun?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Not sure I'd base my choice of still using products that are known to fail because there's not any proof that it caused an engine failure. This is the same argument the Purolator fanboyz keep using after seeing 80+ instances of torn filters posted in this forum. Would you keep using ammo that fails a lot but doesn't seem to "blow-up" your gun?

The 2 loudest sounds ever:

Click when you wanted boom
Boom when you wanted click

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

No, but an oil filter won't kill me either.
I will still use MC filters, no matter what you keep throwing at me. Tomato, Tumotto. It's still a fruit.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back