ST2 5k OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you still have the filter, do me a favor, push on the media sideways with your finger and see if/how easily it tears.
My last two ST filters tore a lot easier than I expected.

Looks good, respectable pleat spacing and uniformity and appears to have gotten the job done for the 5k oci/fci. That's about the fci for which these value/jobber tier filters were intended.

The one thing I don't care for in this application is it uses a combo valve (not pictured), however for this fci 'likely' ok. The old Wix made ST 9688 and 3614 used a separate dome bypass, which I preferred and would have had no issue using. With the possible exception of the current ST 6607 and 9688/3593a, while I wouldn't have much occasion to use them I preferred the Wix made ST to the current Champ made line. Just me.

As for any other after the fact non result observations, I take the pragmatic approach ie., the filter either held up (didn't tear) or it didn't. Anything else is 'imo' pointless subjective speculation. Based on pictures and descriptions this one did the former. My .02

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
Is that a Wix made supertech? It looks ok.
Yes, but they've been discontinued & clearanced. How was the ADBV/combo valve doing? Any startup noise? I have a couple of these (ST8) that I will use on the Jeep, wondering if the combo ADBV will work OK.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
Is that a Wix made supertech? It looks ok.
Yes, but they've been discontinued & clearanced. How was the ADBV/combo valve doing? Any startup noise? I have a couple of these (ST8) that I will use on the Jeep, wondering if the combo ADBV will work OK.

I have been using the st8 with out problems it will work fine for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back