More mods for my Honda Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 and I thing the water wetter will turn to brown sludge if combined with antifreeze. Isnt it meant to be used with straight water during racing and the like, but not long term?

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
+1 and I thing the water wetter will turn to brown sludge if combined with antifreeze. Isnt it meant to be used with straight water during racing and the like, but not long term?

I have used it for years in all of my vehicles (work and personal) Not worried about super cold so I cut the anti freeze in half and add Water Wetter. Never have seen sludge anywhere. Maybe I have just been fortunate.

Redline

Isnt it meant to be used with straight water during racing and the like, but not long term?

Yes. It works well with straight water (which is the whole point of using it where you can't use coolant) but it's pointless and possibly detrimental to mix it with antifreeze.

+1 It turns the coolant nasty.

Wasting more money on an economy car? At some point you’re going to spend enough to have purchased an SI to begin with (albeit more-used).

Dont need SI lol. My left leg is going out and cant clutch well. Besides this car is already paid for. I have my fast times with the Porsche Boxster,this is more a tinkering hobby per se.

Every single time that I have added Redline Water Wetter to something (twice), it blew a radiator hose within a week. Coincidence? Probably. I figure that I subconsciously knew the cooling system was in bad shape, and that's why I added the stuff.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Bought these for dress up and reliability purposes. Along with Redline water wetter this should run even better.

"dress up and reliability" not= "run even better"

A pipe is a pipe. Assuming the original was the same diameter with the same bends and no holes in it, it'll run just the same, though it might have a higher burst pressure.

I made some with garden hose, with a couple of spiral layers of glass-reinforced polypropylene packing tape glued around it, and then wrapped with wire.

Probably had a very high burst pressure. Ran just the same.

IF water wetter makes your coolant cooler, then it's by making the hot parts in the engine run hotter.

(BTW, smart people have put together engines with thermocouples and proven exactly that, so I'm not talking theory, which says it also)

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Use Honda fluid.

Stop putting money into your Civic and mod the Boxster.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back