3. Red Bull, 20
4. McLaren, 12
5. Renault, 7
6. Force India, 0
7. Sauber, 0
8. Williams, 0
9. Toro Rosso, 0
10. Haas, 0

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

f37545376688b2c1b97caff692ef188e.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this! Bahrain has given us some of the greatest racing we've seen in recent years.

Hoping for a big redemption for Haas and its drivers.

Also hoping Toro Rosso has a clean race. Even without the MGU-H issue in Melbourne the drivers didn't work to the best of their abilities.

Up front I'm going to hope RAI or VET wins just to build up a gap to Merc. I have a profound respect Merc's achievements but it would be nice for Ferrari to unseat them.

It would be interesting if RAI was quicker than VET again too. I hope redbull gets up there as well, and Alonso's dreams of fighting for podiums come true!

I hope not. Hope for Bottas to steal some Hamilton points.

As an aside, I read an article online about Alonso complaining that F1 is too predictable and has been for a while, even for decades. It's interesting to note, however, that he has not been able to prognosticate which team to join.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
My DVR shows that FP3 is on ESPN2. But knowing how ESPN works who knows where it will actually be.

I give you the best info I can find at the time. I hope your DVR is right.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
My DVR shows that FP3 is on ESPN2. But knowing how ESPN works who knows where it will actually be.

I give you the best info I can find at the time. I hope your DVR is right.

Really appreciate all the work you do. I really hope ESPN does something to make the transition from commercial to race a little more "smooth" than last GP.

I hope your DVR is right.

The guide in Canada is a bit screwy so far, too, unfortunately, it would seem. I guess I'll see how it works out.
smile.gif

DiResta, in FP2, showed a little envy and sour grapes by denigrating Haas. Grojean radio traffic indicated he was being blinded by the sun angle. DiResta says "maybe they can borrow sunglasses from Ferrari, they get everything else there". Haas's Australian qualy that humbled MacLaren, among others, is still stuck in the craw of the Brit-centric broadcasters. I hope they choke on it.

Larry

Oh dear, McLaren with their new Renault powerplants just got out-qualified by Toro Rosso with their Honda powerplants.
Poor Fernando is probably ready to go soak his head...

Vettel wins pole, and Ferrari locks out the front row. This may be an indication of a real difference from last year, when Mercedes was almost always able to pull out another 0.5 seconds between Q2 and Q3. This may be a real thing, because they had a couple of camera shots of Toto Wolff grimacing at the end of Q3.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
DiResta, in FP2, showed a little envy and sour grapes by denigrating Haas. Grojean radio traffic indicated he was being blinded by the sun angle. DiResta says "maybe they can borrow sunglasses from Ferrari, they get everything else there". Haas's Australian qualy that humbled MacLaren, among others, is still stuck in the craw of the Brit-centric broadcasters. I hope they choke on it.

Larry

Caught that, too. Didn't like it.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Oh dear, McLaren with their new Renault powerplants just got out-qualified by Toro Rosso with their Honda powerplants.
Poor Fernando is probably ready to go soak his head...

As a Honda fan I found that particularly delicious. Last year, McLaren and the F1 media would've had you believe their chassis was so good it was powering itself and dragging the Honda engine around with it. Fact of the matter was Honda had developed a respectable power unit by the end of last season and continues to build on it.
Today Dr. Helmut Marko and even Christian Horner probably took a minute to think, "I wonder what it could've done in the better Red Bull chassis?"

Today Dr. Helmut Marko and even Christian Horner probably took a minute to think, "I wonder what it could've done in the better Red Bull chassis?"

Probably do a couple of quickish laps and break down.

I DVR'd the whole session per what they, (Sky), had on the schedule. Result.... I missed the last 8 minutes of Q-3. Thanks Sky. I wonder how much of the race they'll cut off?

I am rapidly losing interest in F1. The "racing" is more often than not a total snore fest, only a few cars ever really have a chance of winning each race and only a couple have any chance of winning a title at best, there is rarely any passing, and the cars are ugly as fcuk now with the thong.

Now we have to endure lame broadcasting on top of it all...

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar

Agreed. They started out again with how Red Bull is the hope for this weekend with Mercedes on the back foot. Martin Brundle stated right at the top of the hours that he expected it to be Ferrari, and then the starch was out of everyone's shirts. As I mentioned, I'm an anglophile, but the coverage is irksome. No wonder Arrivabene won't speak to the British press. Ferrari is always an afterthought until things are so obvious they can't be denied, or Brundle points out the obvious.

Let's take a look at the British hopes here. We have Red Bull, a British team financed and owned by an Austrian, with Aussie and Dutch drivers scouted by another Austrian, who is likely the real authority on the team, and a French engine. Mercedes-Benz has a British factory, financed by Germany, with the team run by two Austrians, with one British driver. McLaren is owned by Arabs, essentially run by an American and a Frenchman who wore his welcome out at other teams, running French engines with drivers being a very green Belgian and a toxic Spaniard. Renault has their British factory, but that's about as far as that goes.

That leaves us with Williams, the only real British team, and my favourite team. That disaster goes without saying. At least there is some British management there, and one driver from a Commonwealth nation.

Bill: I think the scheduling problem must have been due to the red flag. You'd think the carrier, of course, would take that into account and keep the post show as part of the schedule qualifying per se to avoid DVR problems.

Like you, I will always have a soft spot for Williams. The quintessential British team from the old school. I love the fact that Claire is running it. I hope Liberty has the good sense that Bernie did and backdoors them some money from time to time. Otherwise.... And I fear that Liberty is not that kind of operation. I could be wrong though as Williams seems to be standing with Liberty about the latter's new plans. We'll see.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back