87 4Runner Rotella T4 10w30 CK4 3285mi ~335k total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitted for your viewing pleasure my most recent UOA on my 1987 4Runner with the 22RE. This run was all city driving again. Moving MPH average was 35 MPH overall average 25 MPH for the portion that was tracked of this interval (average over about 2800 miles of the 3285) 165 hours total with 72 idle hours on this UOA. As mentioned in the subject line this is Rotella T4 10w30 CK-4. Filter was a Napa Gold 1348 which is posted in the filter section. Current fill is Chevron Delo 400 15w30SD with a TG3614 filter, intent is to run the Delo for 5,000 miles. For those not familiar with this 4Runner from my previous posts it still retains its original never rebuilt engine and runs exceptionally well at 335,403 miles as of this post, heck it doesn't even use oil!

Enjoy!

Seems like the CK stuff is decent in TBN and viscosity retention, assuming previous runs were with a similar oil.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Seems like the CK stuff is decent in TBN and viscosity retention, assuming previous runs were with a similar oil.

Previous analysis shown on this report are all PCMO. It's been about three years since I've run a HDEO in this truck and this is the first run using a 10w30 HDEO.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Makes me wonder if the iron comes from "new oil" going through its break-in period

Possibly but this truck has never exhibited that previously and my Lexus has dead steady iron even with changing oil types every OCI and UOA.

Originally Posted By: JLTD
'87 so specified originally for a 30?

Owners manual calls for everything from 20w20 to 20w50 temperature dependent. I've run everything from a 0w30 to a 20w50 in my ownership.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted By: JLTD
'87 so specified originally for a 30?

Owners manual calls for everything from 20w20 to 20w50 temperature dependent. I've run everything from a 0w30 to a 20w50 in my ownership.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back