Hustler hydros overfilled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a brand new Hustler Raptor SD 54 from Lowe's today and was doing a fluid check before cutting grass and noticed a potential issue. The hydro reservoir is WAY overfilled... I would say that it is over 3/4 full in fact. The store couldn't answer whether they topped it off or it came that way. I guess my concern is that the store poured any old thing in there when they saw that the container was "empty". I don't feel good about this right of the gate. What do you guys think? Also to top it off Hustler makes their customer service number very hard to come by. Was definitely not happy with that. What would my fellow BITOGers do?

I have no problem doing that. I'm just concerned that some idiot at the store poured 10w30 in the reservoir.

I'd be concerned they put some horrible poor quality "303/R&O" type of hydraulic fluid instead of AW-46 or better.

Originally Posted By: Gilitar
I'm just concerned that some idiot at the store poured 10w30 in the reservoir.

That actually wouldn't hurt a thing.

I'm just going to suck some of the fluid out and go with it. I guess I'm being OCD....

Removed about half a quart from the reservoir. The oil had the consistency of a good old 20w50. I think I'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back