Kinda P/O'd with Redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my fellow enthusiasts...

Was a little P i s s e d with Redline today. I went to their website to order some gear oil and such for my wifes Nissan Titan pick-up and wasn't really sure I was going to order from them, or Amsoil. I figured they are both excellent and will go with whoever is cheaper.

My Total what I was going to buy was $119.78 plus tax and shipping from Redline, so I figure I will head over to Amsoil and see what they would charge for the same stuff. Amsoil total (these are totals taken from both corporate sites) $109.75 Plus tax and shipping.

So I look and see that Amsoil has free shipping for anything over $100 I go to Redline and they wanted to charge me $15 for shipping.

So I email David over at Redline, been working with them off and on since the early 2000's there a bouts. I ask David if he can waive the shipping fee for me? I live like 6 hrs away from Redline, and Amsoil is like 2000 miles away and they are giving me free shipping. Can you help?

So I get an email back from David, and I am happy he did respond. He says he cant give me a discount on the shipping, and he recommended I go through Amazon or something from free shipping and that I would need to spend $150 to get free shipping.

So I am basically $25 away from getting free shipping from Redline, they lost a sale because they would not waive the fee, so this round goes to Amsoil.

In this day and age with free shipping all over the place, why on earth Redline would lose a sale over $25 is beyond me. Not only that it kinda put a sour taste in my mouth knowing they would not work with me AT ALL.

I usually dont use these "Boutique" oils, but the gear oil prices for all brands at least in the synthetic arena are pretty competitive so I said why not.

Just wanted to share my experience.

Jeff

I bought my last batch of Red Line on Ebay. Was able to get it free shipping and it was a little cheaper per quart as well.

I still like going to my local Amsoil dealer for great discount and no shipping. I went with RL and Shaeffers for a time but it's just too much hassle (for ME). I actually like going to my Amsoil dealer. He has a giant showroom. Probably 10,000 square feet of product always arranged on shelves and he always has want I want. Often, he has great advice as well. I can't help myself. I always go back. Am a sucker or what?
grin.gif

If you work through an Amsoil dealer, they may even help you out with a PC membership so you would get free shipping and a 25% discount.
I often do this for new customers that are placing an order.
I believe Pablo works with people as well, but don't quote me on that.

Go to Ebay and use this seller "tcsautoparts". Free shipping on 99% of all stuff. Have bought RL oil many times.
If you need oil filters......use this store on Ebay. "tc14jr"

Last edited:
If you ever head west toward San Diego stop at Fallbrook Oil Company. They carry everything in stock and give good discounts as well. It's a father/son business. It's a great place to do business. Contact them, they may have some shipping policy that might help.

Originally Posted By: Lasthope05
You're [censored] because you expected special preferential treatment and didn't get it?

Their shipping policy is pretty clear cut. Why should they bend the rules for you if you can't meet their minimum requirements?

Seriously, what is wrong with people these days?

https://www.redlineoil.com/payments-shipping

God bless you. This is so clear cut.

Originally Posted By: Lasthope05
You're [censored] because you expected special preferential treatment and didn't get it?

Their shipping policy is pretty clear cut. Why should they bend the rules for you if you can't meet their minimum requirements?

Seriously, what is wrong with people these days?

https://www.redlineoil.com/payments-shipping

No not at all, your missing the point. The point is a competitor that is 2000 miles away was willing to do free shipping vs Redline being 200 miles away said no. In this day and age, if I want a business to actually EARN my business I find it not a bad thing to ask for something I could get for free from a competitor and have them make a business decision.

If you pay shipping charges for everything that is up to you. I dont. In this day and age of FREE shipping I would think Redline would have done this to earn my business.

Thats all. Nothing More. They lost a sale over $20 bucks thats on them. I still got some good oil cheaper.

Jeff

Last edited:
I guess I'm more disappointed than [censored]. That's all.

Amsoil earned my business THIS time.

Jeff

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
If you ever head west toward San Diego stop at Fallbrook Oil Company. They carry everything in stock and give good discounts as well. It's a father/son business. It's a great place to do business. Contact them, they may have some shipping policy that might help.

Will do Sir! Thanks:)

Jeff

I much prefer the Amsoil anyway. IMHO you got a win win deal with the Amsoil, a better product cheaper.

I'm no Amsoil fanboy, I did use the oil years ago but lets be honest there is real competition in that area for much lower prices but their transmission and gear lubes are IMO one of if not the best in the business and well worth the premium.

49.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
I much prefer the Amsoil anyway. IMHO you got a win win deal with the Amsoil, a better product cheaper.

I'm no Amsoil fanboy, I did use the oil years ago but lets be honest there is real competition in that area for much lower prices but their transmission and gear lubes are IMO one of if not the best in the business and well worth the premium.

49.gif

I agree between Redline and Amsoil tough to beat in the gear oil application.

Gear oil is what I was purchasing.

I checked some others like M1 at local stores and the price was the same as Amsoil or redline.

I have no brand bias I just use what works but in some instances especially in a truck that towes and is 4x4 I like to step it up in the gear oil.

Engine wise I'm using Castrol Edge 5w30 $28 for 5 qts at Wally world (gold bottle) you just can't beat it.

This was gear oil though and I'm happy with the purchase and I always try to get the best deal I can no matter the company no matter the item.

Jeff

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX

This was gear oil though and I'm happy with the purchase and I always try to get the best deal I can no matter the company no matter the item.

Jeff

Nothing wrong with that! Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.

Originally Posted By: Trav

49.gif

This.

I prefer Amsoil gear oils over Redline any day. I tried Redline in the rear diff one time and it whined. Went back to Amsoil Severe Gear (thanks Pablo!) and it was smooth and silent again.

You made the right purchase.

wow....thanks for sharing your experience...it was sooooo helpful *rolls eyes*
hopefully your experience will help save someone else the headache of dealing with redline *rolls eyes*

dude is so P I S S E D that he gets online to complain about some company that didn't price match a competitor.
whiny entitlement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back