NAPA ProSelect 27082, ~7000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a NAPA ProSelect 27082 cartridge filter from my mom's '07 Saturn Vue with the 2.2 Ecotech.
It has around 7000 miles on the filter, 135,916 on the vehicle.

Top of cartridge:

Inside shot:

Partially crushed filter:

Another view:

Not as bad:

Looks like it was filtering to me. Fine black particles, nothing of any real interest:

Poured in some Valvoline Sypower 5w-30 and put in a Bosch D+ 3324 filter.

The filter looks like a lot of filters from these engines.
They seem to get crushed at some point (not sure if at installation or during service, seems to be an issue with them being just a bit too long).
OEM filters seem to have less of a problem, but I have seen those look similar.

The last ProSelect I took off looked great, so it is a gamble.

Overall nothing spectacular, since I was not all that surprised by the partially crushed filter.
I am debating using the D+ for 2 changes (but will pull it an look at it first), but not sure yet.
I have a EcoGard Synthetic filter waiting, but if the D+ is fine, I may let it ride.
That is if she does not go get it changed somewhere else. I had put in a Fram Ultra about 14,000 miles ago and was going to use that for 2 changes for sure, but she went and had the oil changed without me knowing.

Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Too bad it buckled.

The only oil filters you should use on that 2.2L Ecotec are:
Hengst E630H (Hengst is the OE supplier)
Mann HU 6007x
Purflux L264A (previous OE supplier)

If you must use something else, like if you want wire-backed synthetic media, use the Napa Platinum or Wix XP

In my observation of ecotec cartridge post use anecdotes posted here from many different brands, not an unusual result. Not pretty, but as long as it didn't tear I'd say it got the job done.

Best results I've seen are the Hengst made (and labeled) ACDelco, but I believe if one googles even an ugly looking anecdote of it can be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back