Is RL Shockproof yellow metal safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most modern gear oils are Yellow Metal safe.

Just don't use this in a manual transmission as it's application is for racing differentials.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

Just don't use this in a manual transmission as it's application is for racing differentials.

where are you getting your information from? because i just dumped 2 bottles of heavy shockproof + 1/2 quart of MTL into my nissan's manual transmission.

Originally Posted By: huh

where are you getting your information from? because i just dumped 2 bottles of heavy shockproof + 1/2 quart of MTL into my nissan's manual transmission.

Please explain why you would use a product in an application where it says not to use it.

Not a good idea.
31.gif

I am getting my information from 30 years of formulating lubricants, where are you getting your mis-information?

mostly because i read about it here....
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/I...f-the-Pros.aspx

i read that it takes 15 minutes to warm up, which this is in my "track" car, and not much of a daily driver, so i figured why not.

oh, and the place i was buying it from didn't have the MT-90 in stock.

It should be fine , in particular in a track car.
The approach of the builder makes a lot of sense and it should help.
I would personally opt for a monograde SAE 140 or 250 in upgrading protection capacity for its predictability.

Not a good idea.
31.gif

I am getting my information from 30 years of formulating lubricants, where are you getting your mis-information?

Thirty years of experience is not necessary. You can read it right off of RED LINE's web page.
wink.gif

HEAVY SHOCKPROOF®
Film thickness greater than an SAE 75W250, yet low fluid friction like 75W90
Many performance racing applications like Sprint/Midget/Dirt Late Model Differentials, Detroit Lockers and spools, NHRA Top Fuel and Funny Car rear ends
Not recommended for most synchro applications due to the product's extreme slipperiness

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back