Stockpile.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a PSA of sorts. A few month ago I stumbled on Stockpile.com. A site where you can purchase fractional (doesn't have to be fractional) shares and gift cards. I was a little skeptical at first since it's very new but decided to research and quickly came around on it. I won't go into details on the gift card purchase as it's a bit complicated and expensive, but to simply purchase stock you only need $5 to meet the purchase minimum. They charge a .99 trading fee and nothing else if you've done a transfer from your checking into your Stockpile cash account.

I have Verizon and received a $10 credit through their rewards program that I could use on Stockpile. I figured that it was $10 "free" dollars so why not use it, created an account with Stockpile and 10 minutes later I ordered $10 worth of Tesla stock. It was really that easy! Since then I've placed a few $50 orders (Fiat, AMD, & Tesla) and I do thoroughly enjoy the UI and ease of use that it provides. This is not a substitute for a serious day trading platform. But if you're looking to buy and hold with low fees, this might be an option for you. Or if you're like me and just like having a little "fun" with a few extra dollars outside of their "real" retirement/savings accounts, this is a solid choice as well.

Quote:

Member #: 36288 Online sleepy
Title:
Total Posts: 1945
Registered on: 05/09/10 08:49 PM

but... your post sounds like spam! I see you invested in Tesla, do you see a future since Toyota pulled out? Tesla is dead unless gas prices spike. I have no clue how to invest since a looming trade war is on the horizon...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Quote:

Member #: 36288 Online sleepy
Title:
Total Posts: 1945
Registered on: 05/09/10 08:49 PM

but... your post sounds like spam! I see you invested in Tesla, do you see a future since Toyota pulled out? Tesla is dead unless gas prices spike. I have no clue how to invest since a looming trade war is on the horizon...

Haha, no spam here. Just thought I'd share with the board in case it could benefit/interest anyone.
cheers3.gif

I feel strongly that Tesla, or at least some variation of it, is here to stay. There's a lot of uncertainty for sure, but I told myself that when it hit $300 a share I'd toss in a few, I missed the boat when it dropped to $250 but today it looks like it'll close around the $298 mark.

Tesla is indebted, heavily, but their technology and innovation is solid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back