Can CAR CLUB use a THREE PATCH jacket system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have seen the three patch system used before by many non motorcycle club organizations such as the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and others.

BUT...
Can anyone tell me, is it really ok to use the top/bottom rocker and center logo "method" to club jackets or is such a three patch method "owned" by MC clubs?

I am getting a new CAR club jacket made as I need a new size. Thinking of going the three panel layout.

Sure, anyone can use it. There's also the possibility that someone in an M/C gang, excuse me, 'club' with a fragile ego, (and lets be honest, that's a pretty much a requirement to want to join these gangs/clubs) will take offense.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Sure, anyone can use it. There's also the possibility that someone in an M/C gang, excuse me, 'club' with a fragile ego, (and lets be honest, that's a pretty much a requirement to want to join these gangs/clubs) will take offense.

My thoughts exactly. They probably wouldn't like it too much copyright or not.

Course you can do it but do you really want to, some bike gang members are real flakes just looking for it. It probably wont be an problem for the big well known groups but the smaller wannabees.
Do not use anything resembling a winged skull, that will really give someone a bad case of the arse.

Last edited:
I know and have worked with some members of one of the motor prominent motorcycle clubs. Normally really nice guys, but they take their club appearance really seriously.

TBH I think most car club things like that beyond a t-shirt makes the car club people look like tools. They are one of the reasons why I don't go to car shows.

SO the consensus is that? :
1. Some biker gangs think the do "own" the generic concept of a logo with two rockers
2. If our logo doesn't involve a copy of a biker logo (which it doesn't at all... it's a hot rod)... that it should be fine.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
SO the consensus is that? :
1. Some biker gangs think the do "own" the generic concept of a logo with two rockers
2. If our logo doesn't involve a copy of a biker logo (which it doesn't at all... it's a hot rod)... that it should be fine.

you obviously skimmed a little to much, I'd go reread the above posts.

Disclaimer: I learned this from law enforcement training and do not know anyone involved in the groups being discussed.

As I understand it, the particular arrangement of top and bottom rocker, center patch, and MC tab indicate an HA affiliate club. When a new club wants to be an affiliate, their leadership meets with the local HA Sergeant At Arms to negotiate the terms of the new club's function. It's a society of mutual respect.

Without the "MC" tab, I do not believe there will be any issue.

Originally Posted By: methusaleh
Disclaimer: I learned this from law enforcement training and do not know anyone involved in the groups being discussed.

As I understand it, the particular arrangement of top and bottom rocker, center patch, and MC tab indicate an HA affiliate club. When a new club wants to be an affiliate, their leadership meets with the local HA Sergeant At Arms to negotiate the terms of the new club's function. It's a society of mutual respect.

Without the "MC" tab, I do not believe there will be any issue.

The Mongols use the upper and lower and they are definitely not associated with HA at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back