Michelin Pilot sport 4 any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bjornviken
Anybody use them? any good?

After having 2 sets of PSS I bought them a few months ago. They are a huge improvement in every way. Absolutely amazing the way they hook my sig car to the road.

Can't say how they last but my last set of PSS's went the full 30k miles which is amazing on this car...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

After having 2 sets of PSS I bought them a few months ago. They are a huge improvement in every way. Absolutely amazing the way they hook my sig car to the road.

Can't say how they last but my last set of PSS's went the full 30k miles which is amazing on this car...

The 4 or the 4S? The 4 are only slightly better than the PSS, and in some ways not as good. The 4S is a big improvement over the PSS.

Just ordered my 4S, can't wait to compare them to my PSS.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

The 4 or the 4S? The 4 are only slightly better than the PSS, and in some ways not as good. The 4S is a big improvement over the PSS.

Just ordered my 4S, can't wait to compare them to my PSS.

Woops, mine are P4S.

The 4 and 4S are totally differnet tires

The 4 is mainly an OE Porsche tire

The 4S is the more widely-used variant, both OE and aftermarket.

Also, 4S is a terrible name for a max performance summer tire (it sounds like "4 seasons") and a few tire companies have used 4 or 4s in their all-season tires specifically referencing that it's good in all 4 seasons. For example, Hankook's Optimo 4S and Kinergy 4S (these are both 3-peak "all weather" all-season tires that are sold in Canada and Europe, but not the US)

For that same reason, some tire companies even skip from 3 to 5. For example, Vredestein and Continental both do this. ContiSportContact 3 --> ContiSportContact 5 (this applies to all their summer tires, like the ContiPremiumContact line as well).
Vredestein Sportrac 3 --> Sportrac 5 (they also do this with their all-season Quatrac though)

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

Also, 4S is a terrible name for a max performance summer tire (it sounds like "4 seasons") and a few tire companies have used 4 or 4s in their all-season tires specifically referencing that it's good in all 4 seasons. For example, Hankook's Optimo 4S and Kinergy 4S (these are both 3-peak "all weather" all-season tires that are sold in Canada and Europe, but not the US)

For that same reason, some tire companies even skip from 3 to 5. For example, Vredestein and Continental both do this. ContiSportContact 3 --> ContiSportContact 5 (this applies to all their summer tires, like the ContiPremiumContact line as well).
Vredestein Sportrac 3 --> Sportrac 5 (they also do this with their all-season Quatrac though)

LOL. I can see some kid in Discount Tire or similar store trying to sell it as All Season tire.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

ohh, didnt know there where diffrent tyres, but thank you for the info =).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back