torque Pro on the Colorado...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messing around with my new bluetooth OBD2 stuff on the Colorado.

Have to go over a weighbridge to go to the tip, so the vehicle weight that I've used is accurate with me, and a half tank of Diesel.

Was floored, not held against the brake.

again, just for gigs...

Last edited:
How close is yours to the Colorado we get here? Looking at pics of both you have those fender flare add-ons and the shape of the tail lights is different. Even without the flares the wheel wells are shaped differently and the tailgate is different. Do you get the same diesel?

It's the VM diesel, labelled the baby Duramax 2.8...same base engine as the 2.8 Jeeps.

148KW (200hp), 500NM torque (370 lbf), 6L50E tranny.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Most of the rest of the world requires amber rear turn signals.

They are...Oz required amber forever, not flashing red.
It's amber globes, clear lens.

Nice looking truck. Someone said trucks with caps are driven by guys who won't spend the money for proper SUVs. I resemble that remark and disagree with it.
wink.gif
Don't currently have one but been thinking about it.

Wait a minute, they put the steering wheel on the wrong side!

Don't need dogs and luggage being in the same compartment as the family in the "family truckster"
Here's the 2003 iteration in 2017 advertisement photo.

As the owner of a 2016 Colorado in the US, I am of the opinion that our Colorado looks a little better than the version down under.
smile.gif

Still a nice truck though!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Is that blue truck a Nissan? Sure looks like it including the wheels.

Yep, that was my 2003 "Navara", 3.0 turbodiesel (5 speed)

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Messing around with my new bluetooth OBD2 stuff on the Colorado ...

nice 0-60 for diesel.
do you monitor temps with torque-pro? I have 2 older cars and temp wise I can only monitor intake temp and the coolant plus voltage.
with newer car I can get coolant, intake, trans and torque converter temps. plus voltage and bunch of other stuff I don't care about.
haven't figure out how to read oil pres. I think the ECU may not be sending that.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Nice looking truck. Someone said trucks with caps are driven by guys who won't spend the money for proper SUVs. I resemble that remark and disagree with it.
wink.gif
Don't currently have one but been thinking about it.

Wait a minute, they put the steering wheel on the wrong side!

We've got the "trailblazer", and assume you guys have the same...guy at work has one, convinced by his wife to get that over the Ute.

He's now at the point that he hates it...can't do squat with it work wise, and is looking for a "dual compartment station wagon" like mine

Originally Posted By: OilUzer
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Messing around with my new bluetooth OBD2 stuff on the Colorado ...

nice 0-60 for diesel.
do you monitor temps with torque-pro? I have 2 older cars and temp wise I can only monitor intake temp and the coolant plus voltage.
with newer car I can get coolant, intake, trans and torque converter temps. plus voltage and bunch of other stuff I don't care about.
haven't figure out how to read oil pres. I think the ECU may not be sending that.

2440Kg with me and wife on the Council weighbridge, so pretty happy..24MPG US is pretty fine by me too (lost a MPG with the Nitto tyres).

Only had the OBD device since Thursday, so still messing.

Lots I can look at...swapped the throttle position for fuel trip useage to see how much it costs to get to work.

On a warm afternoon, the times don't change much, but the power RPM changed, and peak boost dropped 2psi.

Hard to get off the line quickly in the Grandis, heavy and FWD... didn't try 1/4 times, just to 60mph/100kmh.
I have to shift gear at exactly 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back