Recommend new oil for Nissan VQ35

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCS

I have a 2008 Infiniti EX35 with 65000 miles on it. Specs call for 5w30. A very hot and humid climate here and winters temps are seldom below 20F degrees. Low yearly miles and many short trips. What oil would you choose for this car?

Well I'd run Havoline Pro DS 5w30 or Mobil Super Synthetic 5w30, and or Valvoline Advanced full synthetic 5w30. I have 224k miles on my 08 Nissan Altima 3.5 VQ. I got it when it had only 39k miles on it. Those 3 full synthetic oils I have run the most in my car.

I have run a number of different oils in my car in addition to those three. Technically you can run any API SN ILSAC GF-5 approved oil. For a conventional oil I did like Havoline DS or Valvoline.

I agree that the SuperTech 5W30 full synthetic is hard to beat or that price. But start looking for some synthetic oils on closeout and keep a small stash. You'll often find it even cheaper...like $1-$2/qt. Plus, 5W30 is a great go to oil.

Last edited:
With the Pennzoil and Mobil 1 rebates going on right now, I'd choose one of their synthetics in a 5w-30.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I'd run M1 0W-40

Me too! These engines love a slightly heavier oil and numerous UOA's appear to prove it.

I have run many different types of oil in my Nissan and in my wife's Nissan. Synthetics and dinos from many different manufacturers.

The quietest oil is Magnatec in 10w-30. No oil consumption, less cold start ticking/valvetrain noise.

Originally Posted By: Triplicate
I have run many different types of oil in my Nissan and in my wife's Nissan. Synthetics and dinos from many different manufacturers.

The quietest oil is Magnatec in 10w-30. No oil consumption, less cold start ticking/valvetrain noise.

But gee Magnatec is so expensive think of how many cents you could have saved with an oil that only gave you 50% less wear protection.

My next oil change in the Frontier with the VQ40 will be with a 10w30. I'v been using up the huge score of Kendall GT1 5W30 Full Synthetic I got years ago. Was thinking of trying the Delo SN 10w30, but Walmart clearanced it all out. Now looking at full syn ST, Valvoline or Pennzoil. Not sure which one yet.

Last edited:
I have 105K miles on the wife's 2007 M35, and it's done well on 5w-30 synthetic blends, first with Kendall and then with Quaker State when Kendall became harder to find. I run a 40% blend with 2 quarts QS Ultimate and 3 quarts QSGB. Engine runs smooth and quiet with negligible oil consumption. The VQ35 is a great engine if you treat it right. I average over 22 mpg long term.

welcome2.gif

Castrol Edge 0w30 is very popular in the Nissan community, especially with the VQ engines
smile.gif

Another good choice would be Chevron Delo 400LE 5w30 or Rotella T6 5w30

You think this would be a good choice for the Maxima in my sig?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals

You think this would be a good choice for the Maxima in my sig?

For the Maxima, use Castrol Edge 0w30, or a 5w0 HDEO like Rotella T6 or Delo 400LE
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: WCS
I have a 2008 Infiniti EX35 with 65000 miles on it. Specs call for 5w30. A very hot and humid climate here and winters temps are seldom below 20F degrees. Low yearly miles and many short trips. What oil would you choose for this car?

You can ask this question on BITOG and get 30 different answers and all 30 answers will be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back