Mad Max Montage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had the rare "turn your supercharger on and off by pulling the shifter release lever" option. lol But yeah, gotta like Max. I saw the first one at a drive in.

I think they were worried the American audiences wouldn't understand the Aussie accents. Probably with good reason! Great movies, particularly 1 and 2.

I don't think it was the Aussie accents so much, but some of the Aussie slang wouldn't be understood in the US.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
It had the rare "turn your supercharger on and off by pulling the shifter release lever" option. lol

It's an Eaton 2 speed diff button.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
It had the rare "turn your supercharger on and off by pulling the shifter release lever" option. lol But yeah, gotta like Max. I saw the first one at a drive in.

That was a genuine blower and injector "hat", sitting on a fabricated from steel section tressle, above the factory carb.

The blower had a drive pulley on the A/C compressor so it could be selected on and off...pumping nothing into the engine (and taking not much power).

There's a black Falcon with the body kit comes through town a couple times a year (no blower) Plates MFP006

(20 years ago, I could recite every word from that movie verbatum in a half hour if people got me beers)

#1 was okay, but #2 is what people think of when they hear Mad Max. Desert, apocalyptic, big vehicles etc. #3 just sucked.

I find it neat how the same actor who played the main villain in #1 played the main villain in the 2015 remake.

The 2015 remake was both good and bad. The plot left me with something to be desired, but apparently they hardly used any CGI, which I find impressive. I find it sad that vehicles that made it through the movie without getting destroyed had to get destroyed anyways.. I guess they were a menace to society?

It's said the feral kid from #2 was Tom Hardy's character in the remake and that all the movies are connected. Who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back