Fram XG10575

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am learning the bypass valve setting is too low for the L83 in my `16 Suburban 5.3. The bypass setting is supposed to be 22 psi and the Fram is about 1/2 of that. I have 5 of these filters in stock. What do I do? Use them or return them? If I return them what do I run?

I am reluctant to run the PF63E, due to being an ecore.

I guess I am waiting for the WIX WL10255 to become available for my next change.

Life isn't as simple as it used to be!

Maybe with 1/2 psi activating bypass, you will get less or no filtration while warmingup.

If it is specced for your vehicle by Fram, it will perform as needed. They wouldn't do something that would expose them to a huge, yuuuge lawsuit over something as silly as that. Fram XGs are among the best motor vehicle filters available. Use them with confidence. The synthetic media will flow more than a paper media that the PF63E runs, which results in a lower PSID.

Originally Posted By: zfasts03
So I am learning the bypass valve setting is too low for the L83 in my `16 Suburban 5.3. The bypass setting is supposed to be 22 psi and the Fram is about 1/2 of that. I have 5 of these filters in stock. What do I do? Use them or return them? If I return them what do I run?

I guess I am waiting for the WIX WL10255 to become available for my next change.

If you use them in warmer weather, and are easy on the throttle until the engine (& oil) reach operating temperature, you should be OK. Hopefully Wix starts making the 22 PSI bypass ones by the time it gets cold again!

Run the Frams during the warm seasons when the oil viscosity is lower. Run a filter with the 22 psi bypass spec during the winter run. The dealer can not decline a warranty claim for using the correct cross reference (Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act).

Here's what a search of your truck brings up. I would not worry about it.

FRAM ULTRA® SPIN-ON OIL FILTER
XG10575

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Designed for use with full synthetic oil.

PRODUCT SPECS
Height 4.06
Inside Diameter 22mmx1.5mm Th'd
Outside Diameter 2.984
Anti-Drainback Valve YES
By-Pass Valve Setting 9-15
Style 1
Turning Specification 3/4-1
Base Gasket I.D. 2.454
Base Gasket O.D. 2.756

Last edited:
Quote:

What's wrong with the E-core if it is the one spec'ed for your vehicle?

This whole 22 PSI bypass valve thing from GM seems to have some peopole confused. Give Fram a call and ask if they realize they are specifying a filter with a lower bypass valve setting for a GM vehicle where GM says the filter "should have a 22 psi bypass valve".

If Fram (or any other aftermarket filter maker) has done their homework during filter specification to vehicles, they have determined that the delta-p across their filter isn't high enough to require a higher bypass valve setting than what they are using.

I got 12 of the classic AC Delco PF63 non-ecore in my garage that I won't be using. Want them?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The delta-p across their filter isn't high enough to require a higher bypass valve setting than what they are using.

There .................. I fixed it for you

TRUTH.

I wish the stupid GM spec would just die already.
Too many people think the sky is falling because their oil filter doesn't have a (ridiculous and unnecessary) 22 PSI bypass valve.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The delta-p across their filter isn't high enough to require a higher bypass valve setting than what they are using.

There .................. I fixed it for you

TRUTH.

I wish the stupid GM spec would just die already.
Too many people think the sky is falling because their oil filter doesn't have a (ridiculous and unnecessary) 22 PSI bypass valve.

Maybe not necessary in TX. Up north... maybe eh.

I've been running e-core PF63Es on my wife 3.6L V6 since new. I'm up to 5 filter changes so far (5-6k mile OCIs), and I've not seen a problem with any E-core I've removed. It's a quality filter, just like all AC Delco filters.

Last edited:
On my 17 VW Jetta the Fram is specd at 12PSI ADBV. While the OEM is 36PSI.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
On my 17 VW Jetta the Fram is specd at 12PSI ADBV. While the OEM is 36PSI.
crazy.gif

What does Wix have for your car?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back