Dad's old Craftsman electric chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I inherited Dads old saw. I used it to trim then flush cut the stumps below grade. Beat the bejeezus out of it then left it 5 yrs on the porch forgotten. I got out a 3/16 round file and a mill file for the rakers. I touched up the teeth with some difficulty. The file wasn't removing the rust off the top of cutters unless I held it up. My guess is that he had his OPE guy hit it with a sharpener. I filled the oil tank with drain oil because it was handiest. It has a really cheesy manual oiler but its black was easy to see that it worked. I comenced to use it on a cherry that I needed to cut up. It cut evrything up to about 7" diameter. It has about 1 tooth for 3" of chain. It cuts slow and steady but doesn't bog. Lighter and quieter than the Farmboss too. I'm impressed with it. I always regarded it as a toy. It isn't. I use it on a 50" cord plugged into a GFI pigtail.
cool.gif

it wasMade by Poulan or Remington?" Dunno. Dad went 3 of them. First was a Wen, 2nd was one with a Barracuda, self sharpener on it that was a POJ. How could I tell?

I bought one at a yard sale for 5 bucks. 16” bar I believe. It’s hunter green in color. It’s not a
toy for sure! It’s perfect for stuff I don’t want to use mt Stihl on like cutting trees low to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back