Mobil1 M1C-456A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle is a 2017 Jeep Wrangler; 3.6 L motor.
Looking for information on Mobil1 M1C-456A oil filters.
Looking at this instead of the OEM or a Fram.
Not finding a lot on the internet when I search.

Thanks for the reply.
Looking for something other than in-house propaganda I guess. Looking for things like any actual user feedback; any analysis or dissection of this model; the usual things you find on this Site.
Wondering if it is a fairly new item as I’m not finding any reviews online or in Jeep forums.
I’ve sporadically used Mobil1 oil filters in the past. Just looking to see if these are substantially different/better than a Fram Ultra Synthetic, K&N, OEM, etc to warrant the 50% or more additional cost.

Last edited:
Not much info out there ... I see it's a cartridge style filter.

https://www.opticatonline.com/part/mobil-1-m1c-456a-engine-oil-filter

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/1-4...m1c456a/5777000

Can only assume it's performance specs are those given on the Mobil website linked earlier. If an Ultra is available and cheaper in price, and you want good efficiency like the Mobil, then seems like an easy decision. If you don't care about efficiency, then buy the cheapest filter you can find for it.

Is the M1C-456A actually available?

It is not listed on the Mobil site that Zeeosix linked, and the opticat site says the life cycle status is N.

O'Reilly has it for $20, and won't be as good as Fram Ultra or Wix XP.

Even though you want to try something other than Fram or OEM, the Fram Ultra XG11665 is probably the best value you're going to get. About $10 from Walmart or eBay.

Another option is the Wix XP or Napa Platinum. Wix WL10010XP or Napa 4100010. Rock Auto has the best price on it.

Thanks for the responses.
Yes, the M1C-456A is available and on the shelf at a local Wal*Mart. - $16.
slacktide_bitog: Interesting comments re the quality vs Fram Ultra and Wix. Fram must really have come a long way over the last few years.
I appreciate the Wix and NAPA info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back