More car show photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are from last summer.

I think this is a '63 Ford Galaxie - my first 'favourite' car, from when I was quite young.

BMW 2002 - 1972 or so? Pre battering-ram bumpers anyway.

Here's that beautiful '68 Caprice wagon again, still looking good seven years later. I like the 'smart' license plate.

This was a very old VW Beetle - late 50s if I recall correctly. I think these early ones didn't have an oil filter.

Studebaker President

For some reason I've always liked full-size wagons. This Chevy would be c. 1974.

I believe none of the VW air-cooled engines had oil filters; just screens.

That Chevy wagon has the "Hide-A-Way" tailgate which slid under the floor instead of dropping down on hinges. I think it was trouble prone.

SARCASM WARNING: Good ol' GM....marketing futuristic junk instead of building good cars.
When the pictured car was built Toyotas and Datsuns were making inroads into our hearts and souls.

Ill take that 2002 for a spin
smile.gif

King Will I Am Orange, Ja?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Need more Muscle Car pics.

Guilty as charged - I tend to take shots of weird cars that remind me of my youth. These show evenings start up again next month - I'll see what I can do.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kira
I believe none of the VW air-cooled engines had oil filters; just screens.

That Chevy wagon has the "Hide-A-Way" tailgate which slid under the floor instead of dropping down on hinges. I think it was trouble prone.

SARCASM WARNING: Good ol' GM....marketing futuristic junk instead of building good cars.
When the pictured car was built Toyotas and Datsuns were making inroads into our hearts and souls.

A high school friend drove on of these, and her dad, a mechanical genius, told me of the no oil filter thing. Instead, he'd change the oil every thousand miles. (The sump was small, so perhaps no more expensive than replacing twice as much oil and a filter every 3000 miles.)

I love that Hide-A-Way tailgate concept, but agree that cutting-edge stuff is often problematic, and often is abandoned. (Four-wheel steering, anyone?)

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Ill take that 2002 for a spin
smile.gif

King Will I Am Orange, Ja?

This was one of my favourite cars at the show. My wife, more colour-influenced than me, thought it was hideous. I seldom remember the colours of cars - the four carbs impressed me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back