Napa pro select 27045, 15,000 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks. Another filter from member mobilaltima. Off of a 2015 Chevy Tahoe with ST 5W20 DEXOS oil. Looks like it did job just gunk in can looks blah

Enjoy pics

mobilaltima gets credit for bigger stones than I got... running ST and a a "2nd tier" filter for 15k.

But, these pics prove we all likely underestimate what filters and oils are capable of, and overestimate their importance as well!

10,000 miles would have been enough here. Low quality components but they held up. No tears in that paper Wix oil filter.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
mobilaltima gets credit for bigger stones than I got... running ST and a a "2nd tier" filter for 15k.

But, these pics prove we all likely underestimate what filters and oils are capable of, and overestimate their importance as well!

Yeah, the ST looks like it did OK in my book. That "stuff" in can made me say what the [censored]?

Originally Posted By: littleant
Funny how longer filters seem to have wavey pleats. It did do it's job. Thanks car51 for the C&P.

You are welcome sir
smile.gif

Just to clarify, this wasnt from a vehicle I own or drive. The Bitoger in me would never neglect a vehicle like that haha. All the filters sent to Car51 were from vehicles I service. This owner just waited way too long till she let me know it was due.

Last edited:
That black goo on inside of the top of the filter can (bottom?) remmembers me when I did magnet in the filter, right there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
Just to clarify, this wasnt from a vehicle I own or drive. The Bitoger in me would never neglect a vehicle like that haha. All the filters sent to Car51 were from vehicles I service. This owner just waited way too long till she let me know it was due.

And the vast majority of us are too conservative regarding maintenance. More proof of this in this topic.

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
Looks like it made the 15,000 mile (no easy task for some filters) but I would keep it on a shorter leash, anyway nice picks!

Youre welcome Pete
smile.gif

Thanx for the C&P car51.
I had a PS filter on my truck once (for about 4 hours). Upon startup the engine rattled so bad, it sounded like a woodpecker on a street light! NEVER AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back