centric stop tech street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking a brake pads for the elantra. I may use the factory pads since they held up well. But i see rock auto has Centric stop tech street pads for a good price.

Anyone used them?

Thanks.

Why those pads? Usually performance pads offer less performance at colder/regular driving and more at higher temps/extreme driving. They are also harder on rotors and make more brake dust.

If you have hubcaps and/or don't care about brake dust look for a good set of semi-metallic pads. Like the CENTRIC 10415430 Posi-Quiet Metallic pads. Good cold bite and can handle heat better than ceramic.

The RAYBESTOS EHT1543H Enhanced Hybrid pads are a good in-between. They are a ceramic with a little metallic in them. So less dust than a full semi-metallic pad but still a little more performance than a standard ceramic.

They also have a set of standard ceramic pads for less than $10. The NAD XL PCD1595.

The pads are probably OK but made in Taiwan. Rock Auto does sell the actual OE pads under the Beck/Arnley name, but you might like Akebono also.

The best aftermarket pads for regular daily driving are Akebono ProACT and EBC Ultimax "Blackstuff" (Wagner Thermoquiet is also ok to use, and goes on rebate sometimes)

Centric's premium coated rotors re good stuff, as are Wagner's E-coated rotors and EBC Premium rotors

I used Sangsin pads (BA 089 series) and Akebono rotors on the last 2013 Elantra that I did front brakes on. The pads are stupid cheap from Rockauto. They have a similar shim design to the factory pads, but the outboard pad is missing the 3m adhesive and the inboard pad does not have the metal stainless steel plate. I transferred the metal inboard shim from the factory pads onto the Sangsins.

While the pads are quiet, they are lacking in bite compared to the factory Hyundai pads. Even the owner noticed. For the money they are hard to beat, but I would still buy the factory pads if they are within your budget.

slacktide_bitog said:
The pads are probably OK but made in Taiwan. Rock Auto does sell the actual OE pads under the Beck/Arnley name, but you might like Akebono also.
slacktide_bitog said:
I usually prefer to use the OE pads when possible, a lot of vehicles come OE with Akebono's which is my favorite pad. Spend the money for the Akebono's. My new front Akebono's for the Subaru from Rock auto just arrived a few hours ago. $53.00 They were the OE pad! FedEx, box did not go boom...

I will go with the factory pads, i was just curious about those. I got 66k out of them. ( well my wife got about 60k of that lol, she drives easier).

Great pads. Use them on my DD for an upgrade. Better than the OE Toyota. I'm not impressed by Akebono proAct pads. Not much "bite" but very quiet and smooth. I think the Stop Techs are better.

Originally Posted By: willbur
Great pads. Use them on my DD for an upgrade. Better than the OE Toyota. I'm not impressed by Akebono proAct pads. Not much "bite" but very quiet and smooth. I think the Stop Techs are better.

The Akebono ASP might be a better choice for you, then, if they make them for your car
smile.gif

The ProACT is a OE replacement, while the Stoptech is a performance upgrade. Two different categories.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: willbur

The Akebono ASP might be a better choice for you, then, if they make them for your car
smile.gif

The ProACT is a OE replacement, while the Stoptech is a performance upgrade. Two different categories.

Understood. I was unclear. The Akebonos proActs were the Ultra version. At the time I installed them, I recall they were the performance version of the proAct line. Stop Techs are better, IMO

I also really like my Stop Tech pads...don't have the greatest cold-bite, but they are warm after a couple stops. They get better as they heat up too...my Goodyear Comfortreads are definitely the limiting factor in my braking system now, even after about 55,000mi on the brake pads. I see no more dust from these than oem.
Cheers,
Jordan

I just put Centric rotors and pads on my twin daughters Equinox and they are great.
No fade and very little brake dust. I didn’t get the street ones. Purchased from Rock Auto
I believe these were the premium ones. Very impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back