Wix price increase @ O'Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to pickup a 51036 so I went online to make sure they have them in stock and seen they are now $8.99, looks like it's back to Napa for me. Last one I bought 6 months ago was $6.49, that's quite the price increase.

$8.99 is too much for a Wix
eek.gif

Even better when the store ad with the oil change specials still says valid with filters up to $7.49

FWIW, the XP is still $11.99, and the Microgard is $4.99

Napa did not raise their Napa Gold prices
smile.gif

Auto store prices rising are why I went with the Ultra on my 5.3L. Autozone wants $6.99 for an AC ecore, O'Reillys $5.29 for the AC classic but it looks to be a champ made, $4.99 for the Wix Microguard. $8.97 for the Ultra at Walmart. I like it better for a few extra bucks.

Originally Posted By: Bighorn2500
http://www.discountfleetsupply.com/filters.html sells Wix filters at very reasonable pricing.

Oddly, some of the more popular filters (ex 51372, 51515, 51516, 51348) are only available in cases and not singles. Do I NEED 12 filters for one car all at the same time?

fleetfilter.com has good pricing and can get individual quantities.

Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
Need to pickup a 51036 so I went online to make sure they have them in stock and seen they are now $8.99, looks like it's back to Napa for me. Last one I bought 6 months ago was $6.49, that's quite the price increase.

If you keep your vehicles five years or more, you should be buying a minimum 3 - 4 at a time, from either fleetfilter or rockauto.
My last purchase at rockauto was...
2 - Premium Guards (good reviews for a 1.76 filter)
1 - K&N (highest flow rate)
2 - Fram Ultras (I regret buying those)....... startup rattle and reduced oil pressure gauge readings at standing idle.

I was wondering when this topic would come up. I noticed this about two months ago. My 57356 oil filter went from $7.49 to $8.99. I was not impressed by that at all. So I am getting my filter from Federated Auto for $5 everyday price.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I was wondering when this topic would come up. I noticed this about two months ago. My 57356 oil filter went from $7.49 to $8.99. I was not impressed by that at all. So I am getting my filter from Federated Auto for $5 everyday price.

Better than the original price of the Wix at O'Reilly, hard to beat that deal. Federated reminds me of Napa in that many of their parts are quality. They even stock Duragloss Detailing products and anything they don't have can be ordered and delivered the same day if done early enough.

I researched this a number of weeks ago.Their old school spin ons are all priced at $8.99 (the common old numbers),the heavy duty and cartridge filters are priced as per normal.So,its a profit grab from the popular numbers but not to effect commercial/HD numbers.Looks like a way to increase GP numbers and overall bottom line.Price their bulbs lately too??

Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
Just checked my Napa and the Gold's are on sale for $5.94 not the best but will do for this change.

Its as good as any other, its a good solid filter.

Originally Posted By: Trav
That's why I buy the Gold from Napa....

Yep, same here. Last month purchased a 7356 at local Napa NG 40% off sale. ~$3.90 plus tax. And no price increase from last time I purchased in the fall. The 7356 one of the more expensive applications, 1348 ~$3.65 on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back