GenTent Generator Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumbled upon this on Amazon... really nice concept.

Anyone have any experience with these? Just not sure of the generator’s ability to cool itself with this in place

Gentent

I have one, works fine, no overheating issues. I have a Generac XG 8000, it is a pain to refuel, I usually take it off when I gas it up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bambam
I have one, works fine, no overheating issues. I have a Generac XG 8000, it is a pain to refuel, I usually take it off when I gas it up.

Great... was concerned about the overheating. Yes, I can see refilling to be an issue but the wind load it purports to take and shedding of the rain/snow cures a lot of ills

How long have you had it?

Originally Posted By: Finz

I've run my generator in all sorts of weather with no issues. It really does seem like a solution in search of a problem.

Originally Posted By: Astro_Guy
Originally Posted By: Finz

I've run my generator in all sorts of weather with no issues. It really does seem like a solution in search of a problem.

you are not supposed to expose the generator to rain or any weather conditions. when we bought our honda em 6500 i bought one of these gentents shortly after and glad i did. because we needed to use it for three days during and after hurricane sandy.

Originally Posted By: Elijah1
Looks like a solution looking for a problem.

Having rain water and melting snow seeping into the electrical outlets is not a good idea. This tent prevents that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back