Average wedding in America $ 25,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a report that the average cost for a wedding is 25,000. Say what? Boy did my wife and kids get jipped!

Shotgun wedding on the steps of court house is better.

Some parents will take out a loan for a fancy wedding, in my opinion is very silly.

Remember, it's all about enticing you to more debt.

Weddings, College Loans...keeping you worried on repayments makes a docile serving class.

If I gave you an airline ticket with a known 50% chance of inflight failure, you'd never fly that trip. Yet, people continue to marry...

Originally Posted By: Cujet
If I gave you an airline ticket with a known 50% chance of inflight failure, you'd never fly that trip. Yet, people continue to marry...

That helps with the debt situation also...big houses, with few occupants.

Absolutely crazy. My girlfriend and I have been together for nearly 15 years, no plans to marry. If we did, would just go to the courthouse and use the money we would have spent on a wedding on an amazing vacation and a small get-together with family over the house or something. Don't get the appeal of a big wedding... All that money for a single day, i'd rather get a week or two enjoyment (or far more) out of that same money.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Not mine. Cost me $300 to rent the church in Oatman,Az and A tank of gas. Even the locals stopped by to congratulate us.

Did that include the box of dynamite to stand on ?? ....
cool.gif

My wife and I were at a big wedding at a large hotel in our town. We were sitting outside. I leaned over to my wife and said "I'll bet this wedding cost about $35,000. An attractive lady sitting in front of us turned around and said to me " I am the wedding planner for this wedding. The dress cost more than $35,000."

True story.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Not mine. Cost me $300 to rent the church in Oatman,Az and A tank of gas. Even the locals stopped by to congratulate us.

Did that include the box of dynamite to stand on ?? ....
cool.gif

your right! $40 for that

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Remember, it's all about enticing you to more debt.

Weddings, College Loans...keeping you worried on repayments makes a docile serving class.

The machine, working as intended
grin.gif

I've been to many weddings as a guest. Most are nice while they're going on but very easily forgettable after (even the expensive ones). Its taught me there is no way I'd pay that much for a wedding.

Originally Posted By: Cujet

If you believe so little in making it work, than yes dont bother.

Been with my wife for 17 years and we got married a few years ago. Small wedding at church and get together in our backyard with a caterer. Cost about 7 grand (including rings, dress and suit). Had a memorable day, would do it all over again if I had to do it over again.

I just paid for both of my daughter's weddings. One I paid for completely, the other I had a little help from the groom's parents. One was roughly $10K, and the other was somewhere between $10-15K, but I only paid $10k for that as well. So I paid $20K total for two weddings that were one year apart. Needless to say, I'm very glad to be done paying for weddings...

My wedding cost 60 dollars for the license. We went out for lunch at Bob Evans and my new inlaws got the check. We used the money saved for a down payment on the home we have lived in for 17 years. You NEED food, water, and shelter forever, not a one day extravaganza.

Big weddings are just for the spoiled bride to feel special for the day.Stupid.
Better to save the money for the divorce that's coming,you'll enjoy more then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back