Mobil 1 AFE 0W/20, 17,304, 182,804 '07 Fit Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest UOA on my '07 fit sport.

9sujobh.png

Very nice run … just curious … have you always run AFE instead of EP ?

Out of interest, what were you using for the first three runs ?

The three last ones are same oil, and the silicon and flashpoint improved markedly.

"Check back at 15,000 miles", on an oil that's already done 17,000 ?

What oil filter was used for these extended intervals and did you cut them open?

Originally Posted By: Danno
Why doesn't the "MI/HR on Oil" and "MI/HR on Unit" work? The last 2 OCI math make no sense.

I'm guessing he didn't change the oil. Ergo, that's cumulative.

Just bought Mobil 1 EP and was wondering if I could go the full 15,000 miles. If these results are any indication changing before 15,000 miles is a waste of money and oil.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

The three last ones are same oil, and the silicon and flashpoint improved markedly.

Yeah … was hoping the lab knew he changed it? Dunno

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Just bought Mobil 1 EP and was wondering if I could go the full 15,000 miles. If these results are any indication changing before 15,000 miles is a waste of money and oil.

SAme sort of car, and same sort of driving, over same sort of time...then yes.

I'm impressed, my questions are merely exploration.

Impressive report and run.
What does your driving consist of percentage wise , mostly hwy miles ?

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Look at most Amsoil users oil change intervals.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Oil changed with this sample and analysis. Blackstone is advising that I check back in once I rack up a fresh 15k miles.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Impressive report and run.
What does your driving consist of percentage wise , mostly hwy miles ?

It's a real mix, 1mile trips to work (I should really walk) and 100 mile round trip to the nearest city center. The current UOA also includes a roundtrip tow to LA and back to fetch her scooter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
This is the most comprehensive set of UOA’s I’ve ever seen for 0w20. Six checks. That’s amazing. Thanks very much Albert.
yw! FYI, Only the most recent 3 samples are AFE

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the sequence! I love the towing pic, too! (-:

Wracking my brain to come up with what 'city center' is 100 miles from Walla Walla. Surely Lewiston doesn't count as more of a 'city center' than Walla Walla? Just funnin' ya. (-:

Originally Posted By: albertdi
It's a real mix, 1mile trips to work (I should really walk) and 100 mile round trip to the nearest city center.

Originally Posted By: bulwnkl
Thanks for posting the sequence! I love the towing pic, too! (-:

Wracking my brain to come up with what 'city center' is 100 miles from Walla Walla. Surely Lewiston doesn't count as more of a 'city center' than Walla Walla? Just funnin' ya. (-:

Originally Posted By: albertdi
It's a real mix, 1mile trips to work (I should really walk) and 100 mile round trip to the nearest city center.

Spokane? Edit: saw the 100 mile round trip stated. That won’t work.

Pendleton?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back