04 Camry VC off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valve cover gasket replacement. 204,xxx miles with 5k mile oil changes with synthetic about 80% of the time. Not a whole lot different from what I remember from the first gasket change 50k miles ago. Maybe a little more varnish, but not bad.

3ZZNGE1.jpg

R03pn9i.jpg

gqIaeQI.jpg

GR1NLhE.jpg

5YzCwtC.jpg

W0s1vGJ.jpg

pjCf1bw.jpg

Last edited:
More varnish than I'd think for 5k syn changes, but looks good overall. Nice pics!

Looks good

Thanks for the effort; the last thing I'd like to do during a job like this (other than listen to rap) is to pull out a camera and take some shots.

Some varnish on some non working surfaces, not an issue for most of us. (except for 1 xbitogr)

Found the thread with the last gasket change. My memory served me wrong. It was only 50k miles ago, but it started weeping probably because I didn't clean the surface well and didn't put any gasket maker on the two areas that had it from the factory.

link to old thread

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
What's been your go-to oil (brand and weight)?

No particular brand. Usually whatever I have on hand that I got on sale or cheap through rebates. Range from Pennzoil to Mobil to store brands. As for weight, mostly 5w30 with some 5w20 here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back