VIRGIN FRAM EG 8316 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Rural King has this filter and tough guard filter. $2.03 for this and $6.99 for Tough Guard. I cleaned them out of this filter and tg 8316's. Enjoy the pics
smile.gif

Looks like it has an anti-siphon valve too (aka: center tube ADBV). Thanks for the C&P of an unusual filter.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Looks like it has an anti-siphon valve too (aka: center tube ADBV). Thanks for the C&P of an unusual filter.

I believe the second valve is to help prevent dry startups. Slacktide_Bitog knows more about this than I. Filter was developed for the Ford "Zetec" engine if i recall

Originally Posted By: car51

I believe the second valve is to help prevent dry startups.

Yep ... anti-siphon valve or what I call a center tube ADBV. This filter has a double ADBV setup, not double bypass valve.

I believe the second valve is to help prevent dry startups.

Yep ... anti-siphon valve or what I call a center tube ADBV. This filter has a double ADBV setup, not double bypass valve.

ZeeOSix:
Would you see any problem running these filters in a PH3600 application?

So, it aids in startup by holding some oil in filter correct?

Thanks for info Zee :^)

Yes, the check valve in the center tube always keeps oil in the center tube when the engine is shut off.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Thanks Adam. Not used to seeing your hands clean! Looks interesting but I still can’t see myself buying a fiber-capped filter.

I dont mind a fiber end capped filter. Used many EG and TG filters without issue
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: pbm
ZeeOSix:

As long as the rest of the filter is a cross-over match (size, threads, bypass setting), it having the anti-siphon valve will not matter.

ZeeOSix:

As long as the rest of the filter is a cross-over match (size, threads, bypass setting), it having the anti-siphon valve will not matter.

Everything should match since Motorcraft started specifying the FL-400 for the Zetec when they discontinued the FL-2005 which cross-references to this PH8316...

ZeeOSix:

Everything should match since Motorcraft started specifying the FL-400 for the Zetec when they discontinued the FL-2005 which cross-references to this PH8316...

Should be fine then.

Wow that is recent production for an 8316! (December 2017) Thank you for the cut and post
thumbsup2.gif

How recent was the TG production?
smile.gif

I have run MANY clearance ST8316's where a FL-400S, (Ford Windstar) or even where a PH16 (Dodge Caravan) usually goes.

First time I've ever seen an anti-siphon valve on the top.... learn something new every day.

Originally Posted By: webfors
First time I've ever seen an anti-siphon valve on the top.... learn something new every day.

It's located on the base end, right by the ADBV (see car51's last photo). The bypass valve in on the dome end, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back