Ford and UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I stopped at my local Ford dealer and long story short this service manager was telling me that Ford puts no stock in used oil analysis? He said even if your engine dies under warranty they don't test the oil? What do you think is he correct or full of it?

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
The other day I stopped at my local Ford dealer and long story short this service manager was telling me that Ford puts no stock in used oil analysis? He said even if your engine dies under warranty they don't test the oil? What do you think is he correct or full of it?

When I bought my 2002 F-150, in 2002 I became friendly with the service manager and he basically said they really just check to see if the oil and filter were changed in a timely manner. They will pull the valve covers and oil pan to see if there is sludge indicating lack of oil changes. He told me about vehicles, especially lease vehicles, coming in with blown engines and the factory fill and oil filter still on. Needless to say the customer had to pay for the repair. Even though my truck called for 5W-20 he said I could use 15W-40 and as long as there was no sludge build up I would be covered for engine problems. Of course each dealership can vary. Some may be sticklers as to being "by the book" for oil requirements.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Camprunner

I will be at my dealer 11 years next Monday and I have never had Ford have us send an oil sample in for analysis.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
They are in business to make a profit not do UOA! UOA's are not cheap.

Yes.... but if they could use a UOA to get out of a warranty failure
and prove the customer was negligent, why wouldn't they?

I'll bet the results from a UOA holds NO WATER in a court case, so they don'r bother.

I read somewhere, here or on a Subaru board? That a dealer sent off an oil sample to be analyzed. The analysis was hideous if I remember right. The lab had no idea of what to check and looked for things in old pranks like sugar..??

I’ve seen them call for an oil sample through tech line once. The owner ended up admitting to having nitrous and water methanol injection then removing it before we ever sent the sample off so it was unnecessary anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back